Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moving to Wasilla

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 457 Total Views
I am moving to wasilla in October and am glad I have this site so I can make some friends before we get there. I have a 3 year old daughter. My husband and I are in the air national guard and really happy that we get to move to Alaska (where my husband is from). I am really worried about the winter there. Any advise would be greatly appricated. Also I was wondering about preschools there?  i want to start my daughter once we move up there in school. Thanks
- Moving to Alaska Mom
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ak24zellar
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2007 at 4:08 AM

My name is Kristy and I am 27.  My husband and I just had our first baby in May.  I am actually the director of a preschool and full-time day care in Wasilla.  We have openings for preschool. I have my degree in early childhood development and I have been teaching for 6 years.  we have a Christian program at our child care center here.  Keep in touch.  I am always looking for more friends especially since I don't have a lot of friends who live here.  I hope to hear from you soon.

Shortmommy
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 11:13 AM
Thanks for the info. Once We get up there I well get in contact with you about the preschool. Is it a privite preschool?? Also I would love to met you in person and have lunch or something once we get up there. We are trying to leave this place Aug 31st.
Shortmommy
by on Aug. 28, 2007 at 8:54 PM

I will be in Alsaka in 7 days.

angelsdaycare
by Group Owner on Aug. 29, 2007 at 1:58 PM
As far as preschool goes the school district does not offer preschool as they do in other states.  Kindergarten is when kids start school here and that is at 5 yrs old.  I run a home daycare though here in Wasilla and I focus on preschool 3-5 yrs.  My son is four.  As far as Winter goes, my recomendation is to wear layers and get long underwear.  Be sure the kids have complete snow suits and wool sock are also a good idea.  If you have a choice on homes ones with garages are best otherwise you have to plug in your car.
Shortmommy
by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 1:31 AM

thanks for the info. we are on our way to Ak right now. hope to be there in about 4 more days. Our there any Co- ops or privite preschools in or near Wasilla? 

Shortmommy
by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 1:31 AM

thanks for the info. we are on our way to Ak right now. hope to be there in about 4 more days. Our there any Co- ops or privite preschools in or near Wasilla? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)