Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is everyone?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 438 Total Views

Hi...

I feel like I missed the boat here!  I wasn't around enough for a while there while you all were talking on these boards.  The reason is twofold:  First of all, Lily is teething or something.  She has suddenly stopped sleeping without a war...ever, and is uber crabby.  Also, I have to admit that I finally succumbed to the pull of Facebook.  Once I signed up for it soon after starting this group, I went a little nuts with it.  I am calming down with it (because my wall and friend requests have lol) and have popped my head up to again see what the rest of the the world is like.  And now none of you are here.  lol

I have started checking in here daily.  Today, I just thought I'd say hi and see how you all are doing.

As for me, boredom has hit a new high lately, which is partly my fault.  Given your sitatuation, I am sure some of you can relate to getting so lonely that you get yourself all bummed out only to have that depression stop you from getting up and out of the house with what you *can* do (i.e., take a walk with the baby, take the baby to the park).  I'm there right now.  I'm through with wallowing though, and I need to get off my butt and get some fresh air.  I used to walk with Lily along S Roosevelt (by Smathers) last fall, but fell out of the habit.  I *really* need to lose some weight, so I am going to force myself off my lazy butt and back out there...just working on getting the will power...any day now. lol  If anyone wants to join up to walk, let me know.  I'd love the company.

Carrie

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilmissJ
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Hi!  I know how you feel...I've been wallowing lately too.  I miss home and am feeling VERY lonely :(  I miss my old friends where I don't have to "try".  Don't get me wrong I've really liked meeting people from here and really like you gals but you know how it is when you first meet people.  So anyway I get that.

I would walk with you but I've been running/walking at night in my neighborhood cause it's easier without Jaiden because she hates strollers.  Otherwise I would totally walk with you!  But it would be quite a slow walk with her on her tricycle! lol

So what do you do with the kids during the week for fun?  Just hang out at home and go to the park every once in awhile?  I'm getting so bored of my routine of that!!  I need something to switch it up that I'm thinking about getting a job but I hate to put my daughter in daycare.

Liz ~ Mom to Jaiden 11.4.06 girl on a swing

TTC #2

hsalvatore
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I know what you mean, I went from a Navy engineer to a full time mom down here in 0 seconds, lol, I had to come up with some new hobbies but we were dead broke.  I started (as corny as this sounds) seeing how little I could spend, stopped buying convenience foods, and I wanted to see how much I could make at home cheaper, i.e. bread, pizza rolls, etc.  and growing things (downside to this is the easiest thing to grow was squash, and I'm the only one that eats it.)

Gardening is good down here, it's a year round growing season, and you can grow just about anything.

As for me and my house...

KWCarrie
by Group Owner on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Quote:

So what do you do with the kids during the week for fun? Just hang out at home and go to the park every once in awhile?

Yep.

I'm getting so bored of my routine of that!!

Yep.

I have thought about getting a job, too.  I would rather not get a restaurant job (not dogging it...I just serve these jokers in my house enough to cry already) and I have issues with daycare when it comes to a regular old day job...namely no money for it and what little I'd make would probably end up in someone else's pocket for keeping my kids while I work.  No thanks.  For now, I'll just keep my kids and keep my money in my own pocket for it. :)

I can relate to finding cheaper ways around things.  It isn't for fun for me though...unless you count my sadistic need to crack the whip at my family. lol  I am getting downright OCD about the electric usage, for example.  Can you believe the price of electricity here?  My husband and 10 year old call me the "Electricity Nazi."  I go around checking lights, turning off everything you can imagine...I even get into these kicks where I read our meter every day to calculate the average  KWH.  The cheapeset I have ever gotten the bill down to in a month is still more than I ever paid in one month up in Michigan.  So it has become somewhat of a project of mine.

lol...You see?  I need some friends and maybe a hobby. ;)

Speaking of, I am thinking about taking some courses at the college if I can swing it $-wise.  I need to catch myself up to speed first though.  I am currently spending way more time than I'd like on this site math.com studying all the crap I should have paid attention to in HS years ago.  I am no fan of the math.  No fan.

Anyhow, I'm rambling.  Long story short, sounds like we are in the same boat.  Not to sound all negative, though.  At this point, I'm all about doing something about all this boredom and loneliness. :)

lilmissJ
by Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 8:56 AM

I agree 100% about the daycare issue.  Why would I go to work just to have most of my paycheck go to paying someone to raise my kid?! 

We should get together sometime.

Liz ~ Mom to Jaiden 11.4.06 girl on a swing

TTC #2

JKEARN01
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM

When you decide to go back to school, look me up. I used to want to teach math and that was my first major before I married my husband. I'm still 2 years to getting a degree, now in business. I am rusty in math so it'll be the blind leading the blind, but better than having no help, right? I take out loans because I gotta get a career someday in case he gets out of the Coast Guard. Saint Leo University has a branch on Boca Chica with night classes or all online classes and now that I'm having a baby, I'll be going online. The Florida Resident Access Grant pays for most of the tuition so I don't feel too bad about taking out the loans. School keeps me sane and helps me reach my personal goals, so I say go for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)