• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finding somewhere affordable and in a good neighbor hood is impossible.....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

i have sat my ass on the computer for two days all day looking for a place that will fit my family and in a decent neighborhood. Well shit....is it truly fair that I have to live in a non-safe neighborhood because people have outrageous priced houses they want to rent out. I want to own my own home. Can't attempt that till we find somewhere a bit cheaper and wont put us in any danger. We are considered middle class americans but feel like i am shit out of luck. I just want to scream...someone help me...

Lttlemrsg 

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
felicity9000
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Tell me about it! We currently own our own home but hate the area, it is getting worse too. We started looking into houses back in Tehachapi this last weekend. I really hope that we can get dh's parents to help us buy a house, we looked at one that is only a few years old and has acerage for my horses for only 125,000 so we're praying we can work something out.

momof1b1g
by on May. 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I will be moving to Bakersfield next month, so where do you live so I know where to look?

Thanks

eacemc2
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM

i so understand what u mean same here were i live its crazy hugs

LttleMrsG
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Well we are actually looking into this great program I found on forclosure homes here. It costs $199.00 registration fee....but it gives you full access to their listings which are detailed and are able to be seen. You only have to make twice the rent. Here is the number and you should call them and check it out. Hubby and I are going to use them. 661-367-7355 and you deal with a bank not a landlord or rental office...just call it is great.

Hope it was of some help....

Lttlemrsg

eacemc2
by on May. 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Quoting LttleMrsG:

Well we are actually looking into this great program I found on forclosure homes here. It costs $199.00 registration fee....but it gives you full access to their listings which are detailed and are able to be seen. You only have to make twice the rent. Here is the number and you should call them and check it out. Hubby and I are going to use them. 661-367-7355 and you deal with a bank not a landlord or rental office...just call it is great.

Hope it was of some help....

Lttlemrsg

ur in bakersfield lol i didnt know that i will let my hubby know thanks girlie

momof1b1g
by on May. 29, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I heard that the north west and south west were good areas to live could anyone give me any more info about better areas to live? My family is planning on moving next month any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicky

felicity9000
by on May. 30, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I personally don't live in Bakersfield but spend alot of time there and have friends there, I've also heard that those were good areas to live. Good luck! And just msg mrsG if you need any more info, she lives there and would be of better help.

Quoting momof1b1g:

I heard that the north west and south west were good areas to live could anyone give me any more info about better areas to live? My family is planning on moving next month any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)