- Birth Name: Roscoe Carroll
- Birth Place: Cincinnati, OH
- Date of Birth / Zodiac Sign: 07/08/1963, Cancer
- Profession: Actor
Rocky Carroll Fast Facts:
- Began acting at the age of 6 after a teacher suggested that the "class clown" audition for a play.
- Introduced many minority youths to the works of Shakespeare
through his participation in Joseph Papp's Shakespeare productions in
New York. He would like to play Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet.
- His first feature role was in the Oscar-winning 1989 Oliver Stone film, Born on the Fourth of July.
- His performance in August Wilson's Pulitzer Prize-winning play The Piano Lesson earned a 1990 Tony nomination. He originated his character, Lymon, at Yale Rep in 1987.
- Wanted a change from his Roc sitcom character (a wisecracking woman-chaser), which led him, thanks to his friendship with Mark Harmon from their Chicago Hope days, to a serious dramatic role as NCIS director Leon Vance on NCIS. (On-screen, his character and Harmon's have a tense relationship.)
- Rocky Carroll Relationships:
- Gabrielle Bullock - Wife
- Rocky Carroll Awards:
- 1990 Tony: Actor (Featured Role--Play) - Nominee
- Conservatory of Theare Arts at Webster University, St. Louis, OH (BFA)
on Aug. 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM