Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 391 Total Views
1 mom liked this
My name is Missie I'm not new to cm but am to this group. A couple ppl suggested I join cuz I am very interested in starting to smoke to help with my anxiety. It is not legal in New York State but I have talked about it with my doc. She worked in a state that it was legal & said I would have been a good candidate for a card. My problem is I have no idea where to find any I have no connections what's so ever!! I'm very frustrated with these pills they aren't working. I would like to give this a try. Any suggestion from any of you ladies??????
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ravenshimmers Group Owner
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Welcome! I am in Washington state and we just legalized it for recreational use and you also still can get a medical card. I'm not sure how to go about it in your state and what the laws are there. Wishing you luck and welcome you've come to the right place! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I smoke to help my anxiety. It's not legal here either. But it's the only thing that helps.

Ravenshimmers Group Owner
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:33 AM
It helps my anxiety too...its a lifesaver! I hope more states legalize!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
curiousmom3
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I'm from NewYork state & its still totally not legal.  Even for medical purposes. My doc is originally from a state where it is. We were talking strictly off the record when it was brought up but I have no leads on how to even get some to even try. I might not even like it, but ughhhh these pills I can't stand!!!

Quoting Ravenshimmers:

Welcome! I am in Washington state and we just legalized it for recreational use and you also still can get a medical card. I'm not sure how to go about it in your state and what the laws are there. Wishing you luck and welcome you've come to the right place! :)

curiousmom3
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I'm so sick of the pills! After a while they stop working & then my doc switches them up again & then wait to see if the dose is right ect....... you know the routine Amanda!! :(

Quoting luvmybug:

I smoke to help my anxiety. It's not legal here either. But it's the only thing that helps.

luvmybug
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:55 AM

yep. i know it all too well.... and it blows.

Quoting curiousmom3:

I'm so sick of the pills! After a while they stop working & then my doc switches them up again & then wait to see if the dose is right ect....... you know the routine Amanda!! :(

Quoting luvmybug:

curiousmom3
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:24 AM

This time of the year is the worst!! My DH family can bring on a panic attack with just a phone call. I have another doc appt next month but I really don't feel like even going!

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting curiousmom3:

Quoting luvmybug:

luvmybug
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:27 AM

i know, right? i hate getting panic attacks. i had two really bad ones last month when i found out how long the waiting list is for psychiatry in the state we're moving to. i ended up in the hospital twice for them. it is hard. especially this time of year. but i really think you should keep your appointment. 

Quoting curiousmom3:

This time of the year is the worst!! My DH family can bring on a panic attack with just a phone call. I have another doc appt next month but I really don't feel like even going!

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting curiousmom3:

Quoting luvmybug:

curiousmom3
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Oh that's terrible, new patient appts are hard to get into. I know that! Then moving on top of that gotta be stressful. i do always keep my appointments if anything I get to vent. She's really good at listening to me. That's when we got on the subject of smoking weed but I don't have a clue were to start. I know she's gonna either up my meds cuz the dose isn't working or put me on something new! Then you wait for them to get into system to work & deal with the side effects.

Quoting luvmybug:

i know, right? i hate getting panic attacks. i had two really bad ones last month when i found out how long the waiting list is for psychiatry in the state we're moving to. i ended up in the hospital twice for them. it is hard. especially this time of year. but i really think you should keep your appointment. 

Quoting curiousmom3:

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting curiousmom3:

Quoting luvmybug:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM
At least you have a safe place to vent, right? I know meds are a pain in the ass, but the docs are only trying to help, I think... Lol.

Quoting curiousmom3:

Oh that's terrible, new patient appts are hard to get into. I know that! Then moving on top of that gotta be stressful. i do always keep my appointments if anything I get to vent. She's really good at listening to me. That's when we got on the subject of smoking weed but I don't have a clue were to start. I know she's gonna either up my meds cuz the dose isn't working or put me on something new! Then you wait for them to get into system to work & deal with the side effects.

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting curiousmom3:

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting curiousmom3:

Quoting luvmybug:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)