Are you smarter than a 5ht grader in Sunday school???
Bible Quiz for Beginners
(Because Dummies is Too Strong of a Word)
By Claudia Mair Burney
You've read it, heard chapters or verses of it, or watched television around Christmas and Easter. Most of us have been exposed to the Bible, but are you smarter than a fifth grader in Sunday school?
1. How long did it take for God to create the world?
Seven thousand years
An instant, right after a huge explosion
2. God spoke to Adam about the tree of knowledge of good and evil. What did Eve tell the serpent He said?
They must not eat of it, for if they eat of it, they will certainly die
They must not eat fruit from it, and they must not touch it, or they would die
They were free to eat from it
They may eat meat, except on Fridays
3. What did Adam's son do to his brother?
Murdered him in a jealous rage
Tricked him out of his birthright
Stole his offering and tried to pass it off as his own
Snitched about something Abel did wrong
4. Why did God tell Noah to build the ark?
To put an end to all people, for the earth was filled with violence because of them
Because the animals didn't do anything wrong
To establish His covenant with him
God wanted to inspire children's room décor for centuries
5. What did God ask Abraham to do to his miracle child?
Sacrifice his life for his son
Take him to the land of Canaan
Banish him and his mother into the wilderness
Sacrifice him as an offering
6. Who was a prince in Egypt according to Exodus?
7. How did David slay Goliath?
With a sling and stone
With a sword
With a stick
With sticks and stones
8. Where was Jesus born?
9. What was Jesus' first miracle?
Feeding five thousand with bread and fish
Turning water into wine
Healing the royal official's son
Healing a man born blind
10. What is the last line of "The Lord's Prayer"
Forgive us our debts, especially our student loans
Have mercy on me, a sinner
Deliver us from the evil one
Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever
11. What do the two great commandments that fulfill all the laws of God tell us to do?
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind; Love your neighbor as yourself
Act justly and love mercy
Declare with your mouth "Jesus is Lord"; believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead
Hate what is evil and cling to what is good
12. Who wrote the book of Acts?
13. What does the Bible say is ‘the root of all kinds of evil'?
The love of money
14. One of the most beautiful verses in the Bible tells us "God is love." What book is it found in?
The Song of Solomon
15. What is the last word in the Bible?
1. six days
2. dont eat or touch
4. establishe a covenant
5. sacrifice his son
7. sling and stone
9. water to wine
10. deliver us from the evil one
11. love thy Lord....
14. I John