Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of Whitney...

Posted by (Group Owner) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 648 Total Views

When you think of Whitney ..think of her this way..not the way the news media portrays her..

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcgrissa
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

sadI'd heard that in one of her last public appearances,she'd been singing one of her fav songs..."Jesus Loves Me".We can only hope that she,indeed,knew that Truth.There's so much sadness.I wouldn't do anything to hurry my departure,but,I do long to "go home".I'm tired of the struggles of this world & much of what I see. Yet,I want to be there with all my loved ones.Sigh...I want Rapture.

odieellen Group Owner
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

AMEN ! and double ditto..I want it too...but I fear that it will be awhile..there are too many out there who need saved. There is so much sadness ...now that they released that she did in the bath tub..I fear poor Whitney will be remembered with the same stigma that Marilyn is remembered with..

bnybrum
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I read yesterday that one of Whitney's closest aids said that Whitney knew she was going to die and had told her friends four days before she died that she was going to see Jesus and was so looking forward to that day. There was no dread or dismay.  She just knew it was her time and was peacefully anticipating it's arrival.

Elvis Presley died like that too. He had told friends he was going to see Jesus soon and was looking forward to that day.

Quoting mcgrissa:

sadI'd heard that in one of her last public appearances,she'd been singing one of her fav songs..."Jesus Loves Me".We can only hope that she,indeed,knew that Truth.There's so much sadness.I wouldn't do anything to hurry my departure,but,I do long to "go home".I'm tired of the struggles of this world & much of what I see. Yet,I want to be there with all my loved ones.Sigh...I want Rapture.

momtolittleones
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. She had her struggles in life, as we all do but no one can take away the fact that she was a beautiful person with an incredible voice.

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

momtolittleones
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I agree with this

Quoting mcgrissa:

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

odieellen Group Owner
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Someone also said that she knew she was going home..and had told people that she was going to see Jesus soon..I know without a doubt that she is with him now..

mcgrissa
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

cryingDeath is never "easy" for the loved ones left behind.But, it's more able to bear,when you have that assurance that you'll be reunited one day.So many people "wonder"...others have "hope"...but,I have true knowledge,comfort & peace...that I WILL pass straight from this world to the next & forever be with many of my loved ones again! They made the decision that I did & is sung about in a fav song of mine.I requested it to be the last song we sung before leaving my Mom at the cemetery..."Blessed Assurance,Jesus is mine! Oh,what a foretaste of glory divine.Heir of salvation,purchase of God.Born of His Spirit,washed in His blood..." I could part with her...knowing that she was definitely there with Him!  

Ruthmom802
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I was just thinking yesterday about how nice it would be to go on to Heaven. (No, I'm not suicidal... : )

I've got two babies waiting there for me. I lay down at night sometimes and picture seeing Jesus waiting for me with those two precious children I've never met. Heaven is so real to me. I know I have a little boy up there...I'm not sure what the other one was that I lost. I lost it too early.

odieellen Group Owner
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I dont know whypeople tend to think we are suicidal for wanting to go to heaven..any rational person would realize that you cant get there by suicide..but they do think that..I finally quit telling other people that I cant wait to be with Bo in heaven..they look at ya like you have issues..I simply know that heaven is waiting  and Bo is waiting..and its not this world we are supposed to covet.

mcgrissa
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM

angelAMEN! The sun was peeking thru the clouds particuliarly bright this morning...& I looked up...expecting...waiting...finally realizing that "the twinkle of an eye" had passed.Not then,but SOON!  ~Maranatha,my Friends~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)