Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 weeks on Phentermine 37.5 10 lbs down, but I'm confused! :/

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 2078 Total Views

Hi!!! 3 months ago I had my 2nd DD, and instantly lost about 40 lbs. Which put me about 15 pounds from my starting pre-pregnancy  weight with DD #2...and about 75 pounds from my pregrenancy weight with DD #1. Gross I know. I was dieting when I got pregnant again, and maintained a gain of about 25 lbs until the very end of pregnancy where swelling, c-section swelling ruined my life. Lol. 

Anyway, after the 40 lbs fell off, I noticed the weight just stopped coming off, despite that fact I was watching what I ate and breastfeeding. I let this happen with my first DD, and it ruined my entire self confidence and mood. It made my marriage hard, I hated what I looked like. I had never really had to worry about dieting before this point in my life and had no idea where to turn. I'd lose 20 lbs and then get stressed and put it right back on. So when I felt this mood rising again after DD #2, I saw a doctor. 

I've been put on Phentermine 37.5, along with weekly B-12 shots and being monitored. I am also using My Fitness Pal at 1350 calories a day (Which is hard to meet on the meds) and maintaining a high water intake, as well as stool softeners (Because of the meds.) I also have no gallbladder, so for those of you that understand what that means...I have NO problem going to the bathroom when I eat the wrong kind of food. It even makes me throw up if I eat too much too fast. But once I noticed that even THAT slowed down, I started the stool softeners to make sure everything was okay.

It's been 3 weeks today, since I started the medicine. I feel proud to say I've lost 10 pounds, but I've got 65 more to go. Is ten pounds normal in 3 weeks, for being on this medicine? I also got my period back this last week. I had noticed the ten lbs weight loss the day before I started. So I tried not to weight until after this week was over, because I knew I'd be bloated. But I weighed today and it's gone up 3-4 lbs. And I know I haven't eaten 3-4 lbs of calories in the last week, and I've been working out a little. Am i still bloated? Is it normal to kind of "float" at the same number for a little while on this medicine? I did this "floating" thing before I got my period too, but then weighed one night and it had dropped 4 lbs. I'm hoping for that again. 

But I"m curious if anyone has any advice or experience that could help me! Thanks!!

Mommy to Shawn Caleb, Finley Ann & Sara Winslet Grace!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mrs.Blake12
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I have been dieting and doing light exerice for 2 1/2 weeks now I have only lost 5lbs. So I would say thats pretty good. they say a healthy weight loss is 2lbs a week. Good Luck.

missopink
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Iv been looking in to starting phen. Iv been doing the b12 patch for about 2.5 wks. But I need more
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blessed2Travel
by Group Owner on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

I used Phentermine back in the day 16 years ago!!!  It worked like magic!!!  Eventually my body got use to it and didn't loose anything years later when I tried it.  I will have to constantly watch my weight for the rest of my life you look at me and i gain a pound!!! LBVS  I am doing the B12 right now.  But the Phentermine use to have me cotton mouth and a little jittery.  Do you experience that?  When I first started my weightloss again a year ago I was using Fitness Pal too, love the app but life has gotten too too busy and I forget to log my stuff in!!!  I think I need an assistant!!!  3 lbs a week is normal when I used it I lost 20lbs a month so you sound like you are on track!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)