Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kaleb update June 14

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

June 14 2007

Wow what a busy day!

Kaleb is still doing pretty well. I had to go do laundry this AM at the laundry mat (I haven't been keeping up with that so it takes me like 4 hours to get it done) and when I called to see how Kaleb did ovver night, the nurse told me that he did well. She also said that when she was moving him around he was getting fussy!!!! FUSSY! WHAT A GREAT WORD TO HEAR! Now it is not like a fussy that a normal baby would be... but it is a collection of short wimper cries. He is also fighting the nurses more too! His central line has clotted so they are trying to unclott it. They have but in a Hep Lock IV into his right arm now just until they can resolve the problem with the central line. Hopefully they are able to unclott the central line or they might have to redo it... and trust me, that is not the most pleasent experience. He is  moving around a lot and starting to respond to sound again. We have put a Glo Worm Lullaby (a toy that was sent down to Kaleb) by his ear and he is turning towards where it is coming from so... HE CAN HEAR! I was starting to worry that he couldn't hear... This is encouraging. I know if he is able to hear, he will be able to see again, maybe not 100%... but hey it's something. I got an encouraging letter today from a lady whose son suffered from shaken baby syndrome in which she enclosed a picture of him in the hospital and a picture now and he is normal!!! That lifted my spirits. GOD IS GOOD!

There is something important that I would like to share with all of you... These words meant so much to me that came from someone who plays a vital role  in Kaleb's recovery... Our doctor told us that it is too premature to lose hope! Not that it has ever been the case... I know that the road to recovery is a long HARD road and that the scans look VERY bad. But THERE IS HOPE and I am glad that he told us not to lose that.

Kaleb, every one is pulling for you. I will do EVERYTHING I have to do to help you make a full recovery. This will be my promise to my little angel, this is m promise to you!  

I have rcv'd some calls from some friends that Kaleb's story was on CNN or CNN Headline news, I am not sure of which one it was... WOW! I am so blown away...It also is going to be on another Tampa Station, Bay News 9! I will be posting links to both if I am able to find them...

Once again, I am sorry if I have yet to accept your friend request. I have been unable to get the number of pages below 3100! I have recruited some family help so maybe we can get on top of it.

I want to say thank you for all of the cards and gifts that we have rcv'd!!!! I was blown away when I went to the PO box this morning! I read each and every one of the cards and letters and will be sending out thank you notes for the gifts as soon as I can. I just wanted to say that I have been receiving them and that Josh and I are so touched by all of you!

Today was a second step forward and I pray that we do not take a step back tomorrow. This seems to be the trend of things. Please continue to pray for my baby boy! 

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Memigen
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:46 PM
I cry every time I read another update or letter from Kaleb's mommy....she is such a wonderful person and I know Kaleb will pull through just from her abounding faith in the Lord and her little man.
redhot_momma
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:19 AM
I cry every time i wach the video on myspace and read an update. I think if eneythang like that hapend to one of my kids i would kill the person who did it. When my little sister was a month old he got hupencouf. She almosted dyed in my arms. She was sick in the hospitel for a long time. Now she is 11 years old and doing good (even though i have not seen her since she was 3). I talked to her for the first time right befor christmas and have not talk to her since, I know she is good. God is with us all and if you just beleave he will help Kaleb and your Family thure all of this. Tack Care
KimmerRN
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 12:51 PM
I'm glad he is making some gains!  Keep fighting sweet baby!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)