Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you take your kids to see fireworks?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

We went Friday night and last night. My kids LOVED it! Stella really liked it Friday, but wasn't too happy last night. I think it was tummy trouble last night though more than being afraid of all the noise and such. I played it off that she was scared though. It made the people sitting around us more sympathetic to her crying at times.  

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
marinewife0917
by Group Admin on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM

We took Matthew to see the fireworks and he loved them, but my daughter was so scared and she freaks out every yr. when we go and see the fireworks. Matthew had so much fun and I think he loved all the colors and the sound. Christopher (11/mo) loved the fireworks and couldn't take his eyes off them. We had a wonderful time and spent the whole day on the beach, but the kids were so tired when it was time to leave.

FLYMAMMA
by Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Zach HATED it ! He is terrified of snow and fireworks look enough like snow that he was NOT impressed ! The fire crackers and m-80's that his cousins were setting off really bothered him , he tried to blow out the sparklers and he tried to  eat the snap pops . When we started lighting the fountains he started to PUKE ... All in all a fairly traumatic night for him , + we were camping out and all the people around us were lighting fireworks all night ! poor kid got no sleep and was not in his bed , his routine was already out of whack from not being home all day ... needless to say it has been a long start of the werk trying to get him back on schedule . He gets upset when I try to put him in the van to go to the store , he tells me "no tent" ... I had some much needed fun with my family and he survived , we learned a lot about what he can  and cannot tollerate and next time it will be better .in Utah we have fireworks on the 4 and the 24th and then my town has a festival on August 8th so we have a few more chances at making it a successful "sensory experience " ... he did however LOVE the parade , the fire trucks and marching bands are a real favorite !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)