Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 148 Total Views
I'm having some behavioral issues with my 4 year old son. Back in August I got married. My husband is not my son's biologic father, but he's been in my son's life most of his life, and my son knows him as Daddy. When we got married, we moved to my husband's house, which I thought my son was prepared for, but he obviously wasn't. He started asking us when we were going home, then when we explained that we live here now, he got very upset and for months now has been telling us that he doesn't want to live with us, that he didn't want to move, and even that he hates us. I've tried being understanding, but I just don't know what to do. He's so unhappy. He's not in school yet (but we're hoping to start him in pre-k this fall), so it's not that he misses old classmates or anything. We've been letting him spend almost every weekend with my mom (we lived with her before my husband and I married) but that's not helping either. My heart breaks every time he tells me that he doesn't want to live with me. What can I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)