Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a walking buddy....

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

I just moved to Fort Wayne a few weeks ago. My MIL and SIL said they'd go walking with me but MIL had back surgery a few weeks ago and is still hurting a bit and SIL is pregnant and always tired. :)

A little about myself, I'm 23 and have 1 DD(2.5 yrs). My DH is currently deployed. I'm staying with MIL(s), FIL(s), SIL, BIL. There are (s) on FIL and MIL because DH's aunt adopted him so both are considered and referred to as his mother. A bit confusing. Lol. 

I'm trying to lose weight while DH is deployed. I have lost about 35lbs since last summer but still have 40-55lbs to go. My high goal weight is 140, low goal weight 125. It will basically depend on how I see myself at 140 if I want to lose more weight. I was 140 on our wedding day and looking back, I looked beautiful. I never really had self confidence. I always thought a million and one things were wrong with me, so, I'm hoping to get back to that weight and truly enjoy it. I don't want to dwell on the negatives once I lose all the weight. 

I am starting Insanity, hopefully today. It will depend on how long DD wants to nap. Lol. I may also do 30 day shred on Sundays since it is ridiculously easier than Insanity and Sundays are your day off for Insanity. However, I plan to bust my ass like never before. DH has already started losing inches. Although... he doesn't have nearly as much work ahead of him as I do. 

Well... I guess that's it. Lol. So, hopefully somebody lives in Fort Wayne and would be up for going for walks with me! Or even more than one person. 

Starting weight: 217

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
orange4agua72
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Hi! I live in Fort Wayne, I have 5 kiddos, and would LOVE to join you for some walks!

The thing is we are moving here in the next week to two weeks to lafayette, IN

So, it may be a bit of a tight schedule, but let me know when you were thinking as far as when and I'd for sure be in for a walk or two before we leave!

overweightmommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Just looking at the weather and it looks like Tuesday would be a good day. Supposed to be high of 69 and partly cloudy. 

I have errands to run today then the next few days are supposed to have some rain. 

Quoting orange4agua72:

Hi! I live in Fort Wayne, I have 5 kiddos, and would LOVE to join you for some walks!

The thing is we are moving here in the next week to two weeks to lafayette, IN

So, it may be a bit of a tight schedule, but let me know when you were thinking as far as when and I'd for sure be in for a walk or two before we leave!

Starting weight: 217

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)