Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's get to know each other!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 400 Total Views

Hi Ladies! My name is Brandy. I am 25, married, and the mother of an energetic 18 month old little girl. I work in a restaurant and have been working in the food service industry since I was 17. I enjoy watching movies, camping, hiking, listening to music, and of course hanging out on Cafemom! I am looking to get to know the city a little better, so that I can do more with my little girl. Can't wait to get to know some more moms from the city!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Hi!  I'm April.  I'm 28 and have a 17.5 month little man.  I'm a stay at home mom, well, I guess I'm a work at home mom now.  I just started a cake business to try to help out.  I'll post my website at the end in case anyone's curious.  I've had too many diffferent types of jobs.  I've done fast food (I was 16), I've been a bridal consultant, a choreographer, a drug crisis counselor, a karaoke dj, an accountant and I'm sure there's a few more I've forgotten.  I absolutely love Cafemom!  There are so many awesome groups on here.  As far as things to do IN the city, the McWane Center is great.  They have a designated area for small children.  We took our ds a couple of weeks ago and he had a blast.  He even did well just looking at the other exhibits.  Other than there I don't know of any place downtown.  My ds loves just going to a park and running around.  Thanks for making this group!

by Group Owner on Feb. 11, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Welcome April! Thanks for joining the group! I have never been to the Mcwane Science Center. My hubby and I have thought about taking our little girl there, but weren't sure how much there would be for her to do. But now that we know that there is an area for her then we will take her soon! Be sure to let the group know about things you hear about going on in the area!

Have a great day!

by New Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Hi I'm Heather and I'm 23 (almost 24 - woohoo!) I have 2 children.  Amazingly both are two years old right now.  They are 9 1/2 months apart!  Evan just turned 2 on Valentine's Day and Ainsley turns 3 at the end of April.  I work in the same resturant as Brandy.  She is such a great friend!  Love ya Brandy!!!  I also have recently becomed licensed in the state of Alabama to sell health and life insurance.  We just came out with new products that offer A TON of coverage for really super cheap (compared to everything else out there). Halth plans are personalized to fit your wants, needs, and budget so if you are looking for good rates, let me know!!!  Also have great dental plans. 

I am excited about joining this group and look forward to meeting some of you other ladies!!!

simple smile

by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Hi,  My name is Kara & I'm 24.  I'm a mom to a extremely entergetic 2 year old little boy & expecting #2 around mid July.  I live in the 280 area & I enjoy Birmingham.  I also was raised in Birmingham as well.  I love to do just about any outdoor activity such as walking, hiking, camping, fishing, boating, running when I'm not pregnant, I also love to read, knit, crochet, trying new recipes, & gardening.   I'm a huge animal lover even though I don't currently have any pets right now due to the fact that we live in an apartment & our son is so young.  Either way that is about all I have.  My list of intrests is endless.  I have to pick a few interests per year to focus on.   It's fun.  Every year is a new adventure.  I love it!!!!

expecting baby

boy on a swingHappy mom to Ian Micheal.

by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Hello, My name is Ashley, I have four daughters, ages 9, twins 6, and a 4 year old. I am married to an amazing man....When I have time and money my hobbies are knitting, painting, and sewing. I recently joined our company softball team. I am not athletic but hey I will give it try. I work at a back ground company, I do investigative work and I am certified in giving drug tests. Our family is a member at the Mcwayne center and just love it. With our large family it worked out better to be members than to pay for each visit. At Christmas we take the girls to see Polar Express as a holiday tradition. The children can wear PJ's, sit in Santa's lap, and drink hot chocolote, We just love it. I also love taking the girls to the Veterans park to ride bikes. I am excited to have found a group of ladies in the area and look forward to getting to know you better.

by Group Owner on Jun. 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Welcome to the group Ashley! Sounds like you have alot on your hands with all those little ones! I have just one who is turning 2 in August, and sometimes I wonder how in the world how women like you do it! I'm glad you've joined the group and look forward to getting to know you along with all the other members!

by on Jun. 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Hello:) My name is Andrea, my family and I are relocating to the Birmingham area this summer. We have one son named Logan who is almost 9 years old. Currently we live in Port St. Lucie, Florida and we are excited to move:) I look forward to meeting you guys:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)