Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your little one's favorite playtime activity?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:06 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

Hey there ladies! I was just wondering what does your little munchkin like to do for fun? What kind of games do you like to play with them? My DD loves to just run around and climb on things. I have tried doing story time and other things with her but she is so active that she won't stay in one spot for long. Although she does love her glow worm and takes it with her everywhere. I am hoping that she will settle down a little bit soon so that we can do story time and play with the vtech baby smile that she got for christmas!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
arsing1
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:15 AM

My ds is the same way.  He won't be still long enough to play.  He's always running around.  Every once in a while he'll bring me a book and we'll sit on the couch and read.  We usually never make it through the whole book.  The only one he'll make it through is "Pat the Bunny", he loves it!

frst_time_mom
by Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Does he ever get fussy? What do you do with him when he gets like that? My dd is always wanting to crawl all over me and have be toss her around and stuff. Sometimes when I am doing something I have to stop and do that for a little bit until she gets distracted and moves on to something else.

arsing1
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Oh yes, he can get fussy.  Most of the time juice will fix that.  When all else fails I'll pull out the movie Happy Feet.  He has loved that movie since he was 4 months old.  It works every time.  He stops what he's doing and starts dancing.  That gives me almost 2 hours of peace, lol.  Also, the Sugarland video for "Stay".  He was about 4 months old and I had CMT on and it caught his attention and he just stared at the tv.  I watched CMT religiously until it came on again and I recorded it on the DVR.  That still works too when I don't want to watch the whole Happy Feet movie. 

frst_time_mom
by Group Owner on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Yeah my little one loves music too. Days when she gets really fussy I make a playlist on my computer and we dance around to it. Or if I have something to do I turn on one of the music channels on tv. She loves it. I also got her some toddler cds for the radio. She loves those too.

risingsunset04
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 9:48 PM

we get down on all fours and pretend to be different animals.  cats, dogs, lions, elephants, whatever... the kids like making the noises and the crawling around wears them and me out so we all take really great naps.

frst_time_mom
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I am all for activities that are followed by great naps!!!

laughing

fotomom07
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 11:24 PM

It's been a long time since I had little ones, but my children loved to go for walks outside when they were fussy.  Something about being outside seemed to instantly calm and soothe them.  Also the walking made them tired for nap time.

Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are until they're in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

frst_time_mom
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Yeah my little one loves to be outside. We took her to the playground at Liberty Park right by Spain Park High School. She didnt even care about the playground equipment. She spent more time just walking in the grass and picking up rocks and stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)