Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 163 Total Views

Poll

Question: How do you feel about divorce?

Options:

I believe in it

I dont

other - cause im daylin there has to be an other haha

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Okay let me start by saying that this was out of curiosity due to some old friends of mine contemplating divorce NOT because of me and Bryon lol.

I personally couldnt ever get a divorce its just not something i could do i'd feel like a failure but i dont think other people who have gotten, are getting etc divorces are failures just my personal thoughts

by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KaiTheInvader
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 3:04 AM

I don't believe in divorce, but I'm not a big fan of marriage either. I got married young in a shotgun wedding I didn't want, and ended up getting divorced b/c he was an abusive asshole who couldn't let go of his mommy. so I'm sort of bitter about the whole thing, but I still believe in marriage when it works. I just don;t think most humans are ultimately set up for the whole "marriage/ one mate for every purpose for life" thing. like, we have different sorts of friends for different situations (ones for deep convos with, ones for just hanging out with, etc.) that change over time, why should we be restricted to the idea that everyone has to find one person to be their sexual partner, soul mate, and lover, for life? not that I don't think it happens, and I'm always super happy when it does, those are the lucky people... but the model of marriage as the ideal and divorce/straying/wanting more/etc. sets people up for failure when they can't live up to unrealistic expectations for them. I think that all aspects and types of relationships should be accepted as valid, instead of just one narrow definition. that's why I always joke that I'm for gay marriage but against straight marriage, b/c most straight marriages either end in divorce or there's cheating, unhappiness, etc., while there's tons of gay couples who haven't had the option of marriage, who have been monogamous together for decades simply through their own desire and love for each other, and not just "because they're married."

but that's just my own viewpoint, as skewed as it may be, and I still see marriage as equally valid as long as it's realistic for both partners. (and I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it's completely not my intention.)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

"The reason I breastfeed: It's the difference between spending $30 a week on dog food or feeding your dog steaks for free."
TOMUCH_2FAST
by Group Owner on Feb. 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I dont believe in divorce and i never wanna have one

jasminesmom09
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

i guess it depends on the people, some people shouldn't have gotten marries in the first place

MomofFour232629
by on May. 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM

My parents divorced when I was 12..worst year ever!! I wouldn't say I believe in it or don't but I do believe there's a reason for everything. I also believe that I don't want to ever go through a divorce or put my children through that. So I will do everything in my power to not let that happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)