Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feed your child’s imagination?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 111 Replies
4 moms liked this

Encouraging your kids to be creative and use their imagination is just as important as making sure they eat the right foods, brush their teeth twice a day or pay attention in school. 

We gave 10 moms a  PLAY-DOH Animal Duffel Bag & a PLAY-DOH Case of Colors so that they could set up fun play-date with their child.  We then asked them to share their thoughts, experience and best of all - their creations with all of you! 

How do you feed your child’s imagination?

>< The CafeMom Team

confused

Visit PLAY-DOH Brand on Facebook to learn more!

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Check out what our moms are saying about Play-Doh!

We played for over an hour making alligators, pretzels and spaghetti!   
It was an awesome time as I expected from past Play-Doh experiences.
- OliviasMommy611

He was having so much fun he didn't want to put it away and get ready
for bed. And it was the first thing he did this morning! - .Angelica.

My girls are playing with the Play-Doh right now...and my three year old
informed me that I now have a snake in my house! It is so much fun
to see what they think of next. - meam4444
VintageWife
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, sorry it took so long. With this week being Spring Break, I had to wait for the kids to all be home.

My nephew came over today so we had a chance to have a playdoh playdate. The kids loooooove playdoh. I was never a fan of it, but the more playdates we do with it, the more I like it.

My nephew is 11, our oldest is 8 1/2, our other son is turning 5 (tomorrow!) and our daughter is 21 months. This was her first time with playdoh. She mostly transferred it from container to container, but we had to stop her from eating it a few times. When it stuck to her hand, she'd try to take it off with her teeth instead of her other hand...LOL!

The older two are pretty creative and the 5 yr old likes to just cut the playdoh. He did make a dog with my help, but mostly he liked the scissors. He even cut the dog in half! LMBO!!!

Here are some of our creations...

Caleb's dog...

It's green cause he thinks EVERYTHING should be :)

Here is everyone playing!

Here is a cat Daddy helped Jocelyn make...

Here is what Daddy worked on whenever she wasn't playing...

I had squished out some yellow playdoh and stated it looked like fries so this is what we came up with...

My nephew was working on a panda...

Here is a little snowman made with a playdoh snowman shape I found :)

Here is our oldest creating the Earth :)

Here is our crocodile at the lake

It was a great time! We loved the shapes and tools and it's really awesome that they come in a carrying bag. I'm going to be looking for more shapes and tools as gift ideas!

Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

can't wait 

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Our package came yesterday but we didn't get the assignment details till today, so ALL day yesterday my 4yr daughter kept asking me every five minutes if we got the email yet and kept making me check. She was so excited to play with the Play-Doh. So when we finally did get the email there was no time to waste. She rushed to the box and started pulling it out and immediately set to work. Here is her 1st set of art:

Stay tuned for more .....as she decided to put it up until her brother gets home from school as they love playing with Play-Doh together! 

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I got my playdoh!! I'm so excited for dd to get home and see it! I'll be sure to take pictures. Olivia just adores playing with it.

Christiansmom44
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Can't wait to see what y'all have come up with!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Got my playdoh yesterday and OMG my 5 year old is excited!!

He LOVES playdoh so he attacked it and started playing right away!  He loved all the cutters as we didnt have any before, he did have the HUGE case before so the small case of colors was not as big fo a deal as it may have been for a child who has never had any. BUT since he got duplicate colors he got to mix and loved that alot.

I have 4 kids 9.5, 8, 5 and almost 2 and all played with it and had a ball though the 2 year old is a bit young and wants to eat it still.

My camera is acting up so I will post pics as soon as I can, but he continues to ask to play with it even after coming home from PreK today!

I remember loving playdoh as a kid but the old canisters were metal bottomed, carboard sides, and hard to seal top so mine always dried out.

We plan to get more Playdoh for my soon to be 5 year olds birthday in 2 weeks!

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh, what a fun time! I was so excited to open my package. I received a duffel bag of sort with tools to make shapes and 4 Play Doh containers along with another case of Play Doh. My daughter was at preschool and I was so eager to go pick her up. I told her she had a surprise at home, and she rushed in the house! When she saw it she definitely got super excited and ask if we could open it. We played for over an hour making alligators, pretzels and spaghetti! It was an awesome time as I expected from past Play Doh experiences. We own the cake maker, barn set, Diego, and a few other things also made by Play Doh!  I would recommend this to any mom with a child from 1 and up. Loved it. Thanks Cafe Mom and Play Doh. :)) 

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Oh this is nice!! Can't wait to see your creations!! 

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Is that Emerson? So cute!!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Our package came yesterday but we didn't get the assignment details till today, so ALL day yesterday my 4yr daughter kept asking me every five minutes if we got the email yet and kept making me check. She was so excited to play with the Play-Doh. So when we finally did get the email there was no time to waste. She rushed to the box and started pulling it out and immediately set to work. Here is her 1st set of art:

Stay tuned for more .....as she decided to put it up until her brother gets home from school as they love playing with Play-Doh together! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)