Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

How do you feed your child’s imagination?

Posted by   + Show Post

Encouraging your kids to be creative and use their imagination is just as important as making sure they eat the right foods, brush their teeth twice a day or pay attention in school. 

We gave 10 moms a  PLAY-DOH Animal Duffel Bag & a PLAY-DOH Case of Colors so that they could set up fun play-date with their child.  We then asked them to share their thoughts, experience and best of all - their creations with all of you! 

How do you feed your child’s imagination?

>< The CafeMom Team

confused

Visit PLAY-DOH Brand on Facebook to learn more!

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Replies (101-110):
jridgill
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

My kids all loved PLAY-DOH just as I did when I was a kid. Heck I still love it! My kids ages are 11, 3, & 1. My 1 year old was the only one who hasn't ever played with it before. When the box arrived they were very eager to open it. My 3 year olds eyes got so wide! He loved the little case it came in and all the different colors to play with.

Here is some of the fun we had with the PLAY-DOH

My oldest is Kaitlyn. Xander is 3 and Breleigh is 1. I think Breleigh was amazed at the texture more than anything. She wanted to squish it.

I have always loved PLAY-DOH and am so happy to pass that fun on to my kids. It's great and really sparks their imaginations. We played with it for hours. I am sure we will play with it much much more. I know they have more things out since I was a kid. We just had the PLAY-DOH and that was it. My kids love all the neat things you can do with it. Especially the strainer.

Thanks!

Kainalu55
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:15 AM

how fun!

Quoting jridgill:

My kids all loved PLAY-DOH just as I did when I was a kid. Heck I still love it! My kids ages are 11, 3, & 1. My 1 year old was the only one who hasn't ever played with it before. When the box arrived they were very eager to open it. My 3 year olds eyes got so wide! He loved the little case it came in and all the different colors to play with.

My oldest is Kaitlyn. Xander is 3 and Breleigh is 1. I think Breleigh was amazed at the texture more than anything. She wanted to squish it.

I have always loved PLAY-DOH and am so happy to pass that fun on to my kids. It's great and really sparks their imaginations. We played with it for hours. I am sure we will play with it much much more. I know they have more things out since I was a kid. We just had the PLAY-DOH and that was it. My kids love all the neat things you can do with it. Especially the strainer.

Thanks!

glory_love
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:07 PM
My kids love play doh, esp. my 5 year old...but I have to hide it when she's not playing with it because my 8 yo autistic son would eat it....A friend of mine knows how to make homemade play doh.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Thanks again CM & Play-Doh ...I have my cousin's 2 kids here tonight and they are so excited since their mom dosnt allow play-doh due to the mess (major major neat freak lol) so I'm the cool mom tonight! They are having a blast with the set you sent & our other play-doh products. The fun factory is the favorite!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vixxenn
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I am just floored about the article of the 11 year old giving birth! Someone get me off the ledge as well. I would like to see more informtion on this article if it is available. What do her parents have to say about this. If they are happy- I am definately going to go stand in traffic :(

MaryanneMac
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM

The panda bear is cute

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You guys did a great job!!

Quoting VintageWife:

Okay, sorry it took so long. With this week being Spring Break, I had to wait for the kids to all be home.

My nephew came over today so we had a chance to have a playdoh playdate. The kids loooooove playdoh. I was never a fan of it, but the more playdates we do with it, the more I like it.

My nephew is 11, our oldest is 8 1/2, our other son is turning 5 (tomorrow!) and our daughter is 21 months. This was her first time with playdoh. She mostly transferred it from container to container, but we had to stop her from eating it a few times. When it stuck to her hand, she'd try to take it off with her teeth instead of her other hand...LOL!

The older two are pretty creative and the 5 yr old likes to just cut the playdoh. He did make a dog with my help, but mostly he liked the scissors. He even cut the dog in half! LMBO!!!

Here are some of our creations...

Caleb's dog...

It's green cause he thinks EVERYTHING should be :)

Here is everyone playing!

Here is a cat Daddy helped Jocelyn make...

Here is what Daddy worked on whenever she wasn't playing...

I had squished out some yellow playdoh and stated it looked like fries so this is what we came up with...

My nephew was working on a panda...

Here is a little snowman made with a playdoh snowman shape I found :)

Here is our oldest creating the Earth :)

Here is our crocodile at the lake

It was a great time! We loved the shapes and tools and it's really awesome that they come in a carrying bag. I'm going to be looking for more shapes and tools as gift ideas!

MaryanneMac
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Looks like everyone had fun!! I too love  play doh (I keep a stash in my office at work). My two year olds sons love it!!

Quoting jridgill:

Thanks!

hot_mama80
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM
I bought playdough for my girls but they tried to eat it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe_Christine
by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I LOVE Play-Doh - I always remember it being one of my favorite childhood play time activities!  When my little one is just a little bit older, I'll definitely be getting Play-Doh for her to play with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)