Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Practicing Handwriting

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

Logan's 1st grade teacher recommended on his report card that we practice our printing. Anyone have any ideas on how to make this into a fun learning experience vs. a "practice make perfect." ?

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Have him draw a picture...then write the word that it is.  Like draw a dog, then write dog.  Maybe you all could write a story with his pictures and words.

eds6619
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM

sidewalk chalk is always fun

or you could try the window markers that crayola makes( if you are brave enough to let him write on your windows).

hcdeubof3
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I dont' know how brave I am feeling....have you used them before? Do they actually come off? That would be my ultimate fear

Quoting eds6619:

sidewalk chalk is always fun

or you could try the window markers that crayola makes( if you are brave enough to let him write on your windows).

eds6619
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:19 PM

No, haven't tried them b/c I haven't been brave enough. 

hcdeubof3
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

lol.

Quoting eds6619:

No, haven't tried them b/c I haven't been brave enough. 

eds6619
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Hey you asked for suggestions, but tried and true events. LOL.  I might be more inclined to try them if we had a glass front door or some easy to access window for her. 

tamidawn
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Get him an easel. My son loves writing his letters on that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

we have a sliding glass door.

Quoting eds6619:

Hey you asked for suggestions, but tried and true events. LOL.  I might be more inclined to try them if we had a glass front door or some easy to access window for her. 

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I like Tami's idea. DD is in first grade too and the teacher put a sticker on her folder with cursive letters and then every week she sends a dotted line paper and the kids have to practice two letters from the sticker. 

Morrigan333
by Rhianne on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Ask them to print a word that starts with "a" like apes, Birthday for "b" things they can think of themselves that may be fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)