Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

your hubby/SO do? Where do they work?

DH is a correctional officer at a federal prison. Obviously not what he wants to do for the rest of his life, but the pay is really good and we have good benefits. He is working on his Master's degree, hoping to become a sport's agent; for now he is scouting for college football until he gets his degree. 

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Replies (11-14):
Christiansmom44
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:40 PM
He's a massage therapist and works in a Tmobile tech site at the moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Hazardous waste technician
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I am glad to hear you guys are in a good position now. I cannot imagine going through that. I guess we would do the same, work super hard to get back on track, but it has to be hard, especially with a baby. 

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Cool, Did he have to go to college for a long time? 

Quoting sheena696:

My hubby is an IT paralegal. He works at a firm called Lanier Ford.

No, he just has his associate degree. He's been doing what he currently does for about a year now. Before he did things like social security, divorces, and etc. I think he really loves what he does now. He was kinda stuck in a rut with his last employer (he had been there for years and they just would not compensate what he deserved) which is why about this time last year he decided to send out his resume which landed him the position he is in now. I'm so proud of him because back in November 2002 he was laid off of a job and it gave him the opportunity to go back to school. Back then the lay off was so devastating to us because Brad had just been born in March, but we stuck it out and we are now so much more better off. 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:35 AM

It was definitely tough. Especially on dh because he felt so bad about it. When he hired on there they had pretty much guaranteed that there would be work for a while and then the lay off happened about a year and a half into the job. I think that is why they compensated everyone so well. He considered going into the army after it, but that was a huge decision that I just wasn't comfortable with. Our best friend (who worked there and got laid off too) did join up and it really took a toll on him in the end. 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

I am glad to hear you guys are in a good position now. I cannot imagine going through that. I guess we would do the same, work super hard to get back on track, but it has to be hard, especially with a baby. 

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Cool, Did he have to go to college for a long time? 

Quoting sheena696:

My hubby is an IT paralegal. He works at a firm called Lanier Ford.

No, he just has his associate degree. He's been doing what he currently does for about a year now. Before he did things like social security, divorces, and etc. I think he really loves what he does now. He was kinda stuck in a rut with his last employer (he had been there for years and they just would not compensate what he deserved) which is why about this time last year he decided to send out his resume which landed him the position he is in now. I'm so proud of him because back in November 2002 he was laid off of a job and it gave him the opportunity to go back to school. Back then the lay off was so devastating to us because Brad had just been born in March, but we stuck it out and we are now so much more better off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)