Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Scary moment last night

Posted by   + Show Post

Our carbon monoxide alarm went off last night. DH had pulled the grill in the garage after he was done because it was raining and that seems to be the cause of it. We opened all the windows and it started to go down. I closed the windows this morning and it is still reading a zero. Good news is that it works. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
hcdeubof3
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Glad we are safe too. I think we are gonna look for one for the basement in the next month or two now that the basement is finished and we are down there more. It is also where the furnace is. The one we have right now is upstairs where all the bedrooms are. I had a really hard time sleeping afterwards. 

Babybear89
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Glad you are all safe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Ok, so it is not through a company like ADT or anything like that. I want to get one.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

It is called a nighthawk. It came with the house when we bought it. It plugs in and has a backup battery. I'll take a picture later


hcdeubof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM

not that I'm aware of. It looks like you can buy it at a hardware store or amazon. 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Ok, so it is not through a company like ADT or anything like that. I want to get one.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

It is called a nighthawk. It came with the house when we bought it. It plugs in and has a backup battery. I'll take a picture later



jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 1, 2012 at 8:38 AM

that is scary

hcdeubof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM

not that I'm aware of. It looks like you can buy it at a hardware store or amazon. 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Ok, so it is not through a company like ADT or anything like that. I want to get one.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

It is called a nighthawk. It came with the house when we bought it. It plugs in and has a backup battery. I'll take a picture later



hcdeubof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I just looked on lowes and homedepot websites....they have things, but not what we have. I checked amazon. Here is the link. They have the exact one that we have. 

www.amazon.com/Kidde-KN-COPP-3-Nighthawk-Plug-In-Monoxide/dp/B00002N86A/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1335875916&sr=8-9 


Quoting hcdeubof3:

not that I'm aware of. It looks like you can buy it at a hardware store or amazon. 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Ok, so it is not through a company like ADT or anything like that. I want to get one.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

It is called a nighthawk. It came with the house when we bought it. It plugs in and has a backup battery. I'll take a picture later




hcdeubof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM

that's annoying the link doesn't work and i just spent forever typing it in. 

if you go to amazon.com and search Kidde 3 NIghthawk it is the first result that comes up. 

Quoting hcdeubof3:

I just looked on lowes and homedepot websites....they have things, but not what we have. I checked amazon. Here is the link. They have the exact one that we have. 

www.amazon.com/Kidde-KN-COPP-3-Nighthawk-Plug-In-Monoxide/dp/B00002N86A/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1335875916&sr=8-9 


Quoting hcdeubof3:

not that I'm aware of. It looks like you can buy it at a hardware store or amazon. 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Ok, so it is not through a company like ADT or anything like that. I want to get one.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

It is called a nighthawk. It came with the house when we bought it. It plugs in and has a backup battery. I'll take a picture later





Macksmom2006
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Nighthawk and kiddie are great reliable companies. You can also call the local fire department and they sometimes have some to give away. You should have one on every floor of your house. Just like fire alarms (only those are in hallways and in every bedroom)

After working for our fire department we saw 1 family become very sick from having a grill in the garage. Only put it in there when it is completely cool. It is fine out in the rain for a bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I think he thought it had cooled off. Ironically we normally just keep it outside anyways. I think because it was raining it changed our normal routine. Lesson learned and luckily we are safe. DH was awesome and super calm and rational. I was a bit freaked out and ready to call the fire department. I'm getting some batteries today to put in my smoke detectors. I haven't replaced them for a while and have been meaning to. 

Quoting Macksmom2006:

Nighthawk and kiddie are great reliable companies. You can also call the local fire department and they sometimes have some to give away. You should have one on every floor of your house. Just like fire alarms (only those are in hallways and in every bedroom)

After working for our fire department we saw 1 family become very sick from having a grill in the garage. Only put it in there when it is completely cool. It is fine out in the rain for a bit


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)