Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Yet another update

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
So... I've got a lot to tell you ladies.

I went back to the ob yesterday. They said normally you've got to jump through a bunch of hoops to get on anti depressants with their practice, but they just gave them to me based on my history and symptoms. I've got Prozac now, and I hope they get the job done.

My husband has contacted a sex therapist for himself. His first appointment is in two weeks. I'm sticking with the separation until and if he can prove to me he can stop being a dick. (sorry for the language.)

I have contacted the practice of the therapist I used to see. I stopped going because my therapist moved out of state, but I called and made an appointment with someone else. I really need to get back into that.

I've been taking the antibiotic for two days now. My throat is feeling better, and yesterday I was able to have my first meal in four days. It was wonderful.

As you can imagine, my milk supply was largely affected by my illness. I hadn't been able to eat or drink for several days, so it was dwindling more each day. I used up a lot of my frozen stash to try to keep up with her. I have bought fenugreek and steel cut oats, so I hope they work to get my supply back up.

Sophia has been acting very strange, and I was afraid that she'd had strep too. She slept like 16 hours yesterday, waking less often than normally and eating less. She also hates the pacifier and her swing, and she put up with both without a fight yesterday. Thankfully, she was herself again late last night. Maybe the antibiotic is helping her through my milk? No clue.

I have seen on Facebook that two of my cousins are still exchanging letters with my father. It bothers me a lot, probably more than it should. I just wish they'd keep it to themselves. I'd rather forget that he ever existed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hcdeubof3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Keep feeding as frequently as you can, getting lots of water will help greatly too! As long as she has good diaper count then she is getting enough.

Get to feeling better and glad to hear you are getting some help. The Prozac may affect Sophia ??? Idk
Babybear89
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Yeah your meds can make baby tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM
I was thinking that maybe the antibiotic was helping her if she has strep too. It's Amoxicillin.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

Keep feeding as frequently as you can, getting lots of water will help greatly too! As long as she has good diaper count then she is getting enough.

Get to feeling better and glad to hear you are getting some help. The Prozac may affect Sophia ??? Idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Can the Amoxicillin do that? I haven't picked up the Prozac yet.

Quoting Babybear89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quoting Christiansmom44:

Kellymom.com is an awesome site to see what you can take and the effects. Also he breastfeeding group here can be helpful as well.
Bethbeth
by Beth on May. 3, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I'm glad you're doing what you need to do to take care of yourself....getting meds, seeing a therapist...and keeping us updated :)   Hang in there. One day at a time.

hcdeubof3
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM
I just looked Prozac up on kellymom....I personally wouldn't take it and would request something else. The amox is safe to take and is noted to change eating habits, change poops, and cause thrush. You'll want to eat yogurt and just watch both of you for thrush.
eds6619
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM

You can have prozac and nurse.  Hmmm learn something new.

Glad you're getting help.

MaryanneMac
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Good to hear your feeling better and God for you for doing what you need to your family!!

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM

That's what I was thinking, and how about the other med she got? I didn't breastfeed for a long time, so I am not really informed. 

OP-I hope you feel better soon and sophia too!

Quoting Babybear89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN