Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Kids dressing themselves..

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • 15 Replies
So we are going to Hobby Lobby and the mall today and Taylor was insistent on picking her clothes. I ended up having to compromise with her because her first choice was just too short. So now she is in full costume as Snow White. lol Do you let your kids pick their clothes? My son does his obviously since he is 10 but sometimes even his choices are questionable. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I have a five year old and an eleven year old. The eleven year old, of course he dresses himself.

The five year old.....for school, I give him two options to pick from so he doesn't wear things that are against dress code.

Weekends, he has free reign. We went to the grocery store with him in full Thor costume(cape and everything). They're only little once, them wearing something crazy isn't hurting anyone.

soontobemommy22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Taylor is my daughter's name too. I let (my) Taylor to pick out her clothes today  and every day I think its cute the outfits she picks

Babybear89
by Gracey on May. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Aw
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I have a 5 and 6 year old and yes I do. DH and I think they look like ragamuffins sometimes, but if they are appropriate for the weather. Oh well. There have been some occassions where I've said go put on such and such it will match better becuase I feel like that was a better guidance than picking them out. It is mainly for my son. My daughter has her own fashion sense and seems to pair things well. Lately she's been mad at me because she keeps putting warmer clothing on and I ask her to change or she'll put shorts on and it is going to be chilly. 

We went camping once with her in halloween costume gettup once. 

tamidawn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Lol, how cute!!  I let my almost 5 year old pick his clothes, but he has no problem changing when I tell him his outfit doesnt match.

MaryanneMac
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

My oldest kids just turned two and the babies will be one in July so I pick out the clothes. 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

This was the picture I made her take before we went out...notice the shoes of choice. lol So fashionable!

MaryanneMac
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM

She's adorable

Quoting sheena696:

This was the picture I made her take before we went out...notice the shoes of choice. lol So fashionable!

eds6619
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM

For the most part, but I usually give her choices to ensure she matches.

eds6619
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

AWWW she's so cute !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)