Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

I spent money on me

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM
  • 12 Replies

My b-day is mother's day. I really don't want a big deal made. I want DH to grill out and I want a cake. I couldn't come up with any gift ideas. So yesterday I got online and ordered 4 nursing shirts and a waffle maker. I told him I ordered my gift and he could wrap it. I feel bad just ordering it myself, but I think he is relieved. I went yesterday also and got the veggies and flowers I want for our yard. I feel good taht I did something for me, but  I feel a tinge weird to. You ever feel that way too? 

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by Gracey on May. 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Oh yeah its like I know I deserve something for me but I feel bad I didn't get some thing for them instead
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM

yes. DH just balanced the checkbook this morning and as I was coming down the stairs said, "I see you went on a shopping spree yesterday." I'm crushed. I think it just came out bad. I told him exactly what I bought: 4 shirts, a waffle maker, and some plants for outside. I'd say something but I feel like I'm just being hypersensitive. All I said was, "am I introuble?" He gave me a funny look and said no. 

Quoting Babybear89:

Oh yeah its like I know I deserve something for me but I feel bad I didn't get some thing for them instead

MaryanneMac
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Yes. 

Babybear89
by Gracey on May. 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Yeah I would think it just came out wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Quoting Babybear89:

Yeah I would think it just came out wrong.

Damn hormones!
Babybear89
by Gracey on May. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM
It will be okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamidawn
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Yay! :-) I hardly ever buy for myself lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Awww you should do something for yourself.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I feel bad. But, now that I am working more hours I have been getting some things for me (and DH and the kids haha) that way it doesn't feel that bad!!

hcdeubof3
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I gotta think of something good. At first I thought I should bet a bag of chocolates, him making cookies, or cupcakes, but I don't know that I really am going to want those after I give birth. I'd say a foot massage, but I know that's never gonna happen. Maybe having to sit through a Grey's Anatomy Marathon without commentary. hehe. 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

I feel bad. But, now that I am working more hours I have been getting some things for me (and DH and the kids haha) that way it doesn't feel that bad!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)