Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honesty: refreshing or not?

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

I met another mom today while at the pediatrician's office who has 4 children. I asked how 4 was, as we are about to embarc on having our 4th and we were already chit-chatting. She was very honest and said that for her 3 was great and managable, but once her 4th was added she now finds that she has a hard time keeping up and having a handle on things. As weird as I've been about this pregnancy you'd think this would have me in tears on the way home, but I actually found it very refreshing. Would you? 

by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by on May. 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Yes I don't think at that point I would want it sugar coated. Actually you probably gave her a chance to admit something she cant admit to people she knows.
jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM

at least she gave you some real insight

tamidawn
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Not refreshing! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brrmom81
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I think I'd feel the same as you. It would motivate me to pay more attention to things to try and make it not so overwhelming. I have 4 kids all together. Two are step and are here every weekend and more time throughout the summer. I can get overwhelming at times but nothing I can't handle. You just keep them busy. We love being outside and playing board games etc.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Depends on the mood I am in. lol Sometimes I would rather hear sunshine and roses. :) 

BonitaM
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Honesty is always refreshing to me....even if it's not what I wanted to hear. 

Babybear89
by Gracey on May. 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Honesty is the best policy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by Maryanne on May. 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I have four kids (twin biys ages 2 and twin bys ages 10 months) and what she told you is about right, I would find it refreshing, I want the truth not oh it's so easy 

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I only have two and it's not that bad, four has to be tough. Her honesty is refreshing because she admits that it is tough, but she is still standing, it gives you hope!! lol

hcdeubof3
by Holly on May. 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I agree it could go either way. I know that the ease of having more children depends on age gap as well. I know my second was really hard, but the 3rd wasn't so bad. The age difference is what I think made the difference for me. With the new one coming #3 and #4 will be close in age like #1 and #2 were. 

It made me feel relieved that someone said no it isn't easy, but we are surviving. The notion that everyone keeps telling me "oh you'll be okay...blah, blah, blah" kind of freaks me out even more I think. I do remember feeling really akward when I went to the last LLL meeting and I was very frank, blunt about my feelings towards this pregnancy and I got the look like i was growing a third head. I just really appreciated that someone else was willing to say the truth and not sugar coat it like most of us tend to do (myself included). I feel validated too in my freaked-out state-of-mind of having another one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)