Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Need to vent....

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

I know I have been MIA for some time, but I really need an outlet to vent. I hope you girls dont mind.

We moved in April to our new house and it has been awesome except for the bug issues.  We are trying to get them under control but nothing seems to be working.  Pretty much immeadiately after moving I got an ear infection, my first ever.  I had no idea they were so painful and it sure made me feel bad for my son who had dozens before getting tubes.  Shortly after recovering from that, I got strep throat.  That was miserable, and then last week I bit into a sweettart and broke my tooth.  Apparently I am so stressed, I have been grinding my teeth in my sleep, which lead to the weakened condition of my stupid tooth.  I thought, well at least bad things happen in threes, so maybe I am good for a while.  Then my son gets this nasty looking rash and today we take him to the doc and he has SCABIES!  Gross.  So now we are washing and disinfecting everything in the house, but they said its very likely everyone in the family has already been infected with the mites, but it takes sometimes a month to show symptoms.  Of course daycare said no one else has them, he is the first, so where the hell did he get them?  We have not gone anywhere so I just dont understand. Then I thought maybe its this stupid house and its stupid bug issues.  Oh and did I mention our water heater broke....$1200.  I am so tired of life.

What has been going on for everyone?  Gracey did you get your house yet?  Beth how is the pregnancy?  Have you found out the sexes yet or are you waiting? 

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:09 PM
No not yet. Inspection next week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christiansmom44
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM
That's horrible :(

They say when it rains, it pours and that certainly seems to be the case. Have you bombed the house? That always helps with the spiders here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaVanessa511
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

we tried spraying all around the perimeter, but they are still getting in somehwere...we may have to get a professional. 

MaryanneMac
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I'm sorry things have been horrible.  Things here are about the same...waiting for hubby to come home, work, kids, school.

Bethbeth
by Beth on May. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM

We're having a boy and a girl. thanks for asking.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Glad you let us know what's going on.

tamidawn
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I'm sorry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Oh dear. I'm so sorry and was wondering where you'd been.
hcdeubof3
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

omg Vanessa. I have missed you so much and wondered how you were. I can't believe you are going through all of this. I'd be pretty upset myself! Did you have the home inspected before hand? 

hcdeubof3
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM

i thought of something else. Depending on if you purchased the house from an actual person vs. foreclosure they are supposed to disclose information like this. I imagine that if it is that bad while you've been living there than they had to of known. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on May. 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I'm so sorry. I hope things get better for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN