Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Yay or No Way 06/10-Children Flying on planes without parents

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:50 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Flying alone?

Options:

Yay

No Way!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

My niece and nephew arrived from CA (we are in NC) yesterday and they flew alone. They are 6 and 9. Would you let your children fly across the country alone? How old would they have to be for you to consider it? Of course someone helps them along the way, but what do you think?

baby
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM
No,I worry too much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Macksmom2006
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM
If they are on a direct flight at 11-12 maybe (depends on the child) my nephew and step daughter who are (11&20) flew together to Florida and it was a direct flight. But 6&9 cross country, no way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I don't even want on an airplane so I doubt I would let my child go alone. I do know someone who lets her son because his dad and grandparents live in D.C. and she is always a nervous wreck until she hears that he has landed and is with his dad. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Quoting sheena696:

I don't even want on an airplane so I doubt I would let my child go alone. I do know someone who lets her son because his dad and grandparents live in D.C. and she is always a nervous wreck until she hears that he has landed and is with his dad. 

Yea, my Mom was a nervous wreck all night waiting for them.

baby
Bethbeth
by Beth on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I think that would be too young for me.

hcdeubof3
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:10 AM

16/17 maybe 15....but that would be stretching it. I say 16 or 17 just because I'd let them drive a car. Anything younger than that seems a bit too young. I know that parents do it and there are circumstances that make it that way like divorce and there are flight attendants who are put in charge of making sure they get where they need to go, but still that's too much for me. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM

My parents let me go to my uncle in CO when I was about 12, and I flew by myself.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I started flying from WA to GA alone when I was 8. It wasn't a big deal. I would allow the above situation.

Christiansmom44
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:59 PM
the boys will have to visit the ex husband in arizona and I will have to send them alone but not until they're at least 11. until then I will spend the money on extra plane tickets to make sure they get to there and from there safely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN