Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How will you spark you child's imagination this summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

Now that summer has officially begun, moms are looking for great ways to keep their child active and entertained.

We gave 10 moms a  PLAY-DOH Animal Duffel Bag & a PLAY-DOH Case of Colors so that they could set up fun summer play-date with their child.  We then asked them to share their thoughts, experience and best of all - their creations with all of you! 

How will you spark you child's imagination this summer?

>< The CafeMom Team

sun

Visit PLAY-DOH Brand on Facebook to learn more!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
othermom
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hi I am Danelle and I have three kids ages 9, 6 and 2. Thank you cafemom and Play-doh for the oppertunity to try out the play-doh animal duffle bag and Play-doh case of colors. Ours arrived today and I opened it up right away for the kids and they got right to playing. It have been a while since my older kids who are 9 and 6 have played with play-doh and the first time my 2 year old has. All three of them were so excited and had a lot of fun with it. They are just getting started with the many fun things they could do with the play-doh. I love some of the ideas given on hasboro.com/playdoh. I look forward to seeing what fun things my kids come up with

My husband even got down with the kids for a few minutes and played with them. I will definaly be looking for some more playdoh things for the kids for their birthdays in a few months. It will be a great things for them to play with this winter. I am sure that the next time their friends come over they will all be in here to play with the playdoh

tamidawn
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Dakota(my 3 year old) LOVED the duffel bag full of animals and tools to manipulate her play doh.

She has never played with play doh prior to this so she dug right in.

after she played with the animal cutouts and mastered that she moved onto the tools that she seemed to have the most fun with - the string press and the roller.

we played with the set the whole morning until it was time for her to go to her nana's house for the weekend. 

we'll definitely be getting more use out of this and using this as a great activity on cold days or at night before bed. 

very excited this came with refills as the initial four that were in the bag are already one color :)

Thank you CM and Play Doh! 

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Tell us your thoughts about the PLAY-DOH Animal Duffel Bag & a PLAY-DOH Case of Colors you received. What did your child think? Were they excited?

Hayden loves it. He loves Play-doh and has been having fun playing with them. He even took one in the tub with him when I wasnt looking. Its dry now.

Did you check out the cool summer Play-Date Ideas on the PLAY-DOH website? Which was your child's favorite? Did you or your child try to create any of them? Show us your creations.

No he's more interested in just making balls and mommy singing "On top of Spaghetti" and flattening it to make water, or putting it in to the spaghetti maker to make "snakes".

Did your child have fun putting their imagination and creativity to work? Let's see their masterpieces. Feel free to share photos or video showing us what your child made.

Of course.

More snakes

Did anyone else join you on your play-date? Tell us all about it.

His cousin Kara. She enjoyed herself too! They both LOVE their Play-doh! Grandma helped too while mommy took pictures.

Has your child played with PLAY-DOH before or was this a new experience for them? How long did they play? Did they want to play again and again?

He's played before and loves it. They played for awhile I didn't time them. And yes, they have wanted to play again and again.
His tree

Did you play with PLAY-DOH as a child? If so, do you still enjoy it?

Yes I did. And Yes I still do.

How likely are you to purchase additional PLAY-DOH products on your own?

Seeing as he already has the puppy playset, and the Cookie Monster one, very.

Anything else you'd like to share? 

my3boys0710
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM
We got our playdoh and oh how my oldest was excited. Hes been begging me to buy him some. He loved the scissors and the hair maker and loved making animal shapes. He's5so it was the perfect thing to spark creativity!

We checked out some of the fun activities to do with the playdoh it was lots of fun. Of course we would always recommend playdoh its the best thing to make craft time fun! And of course playdoh is cheap too :). I took a video too ill have to see if I can post :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:11 AM

My kids and I were so excited to be chosen for this influencer! Every day until we received it, they would ask if it came! Then, when we did receive it, the went on and on about when they could play with it! My kids made a lot of things, including: a sun, a rainbow, animals, fried eggs, a cupcake, a ladybug, and balloons. Even DH and I joined in! We all had so much fun together! My older two (10 & 7 yrs) had played with play-doh before, but it had been a long time since. It was, however, my daughter's (2 yrs) first time to play with play-doh, and she didn't want to stop, even after 2 hours! They now want to play with it every day! I remember also loving to play with play-doh as a kid, and it was still fun with the kids! We will definitely be buying more play-doh products!

Thank you Cafemom and Play-Doh!!!

Here are some pics of some things they made:

As you can see, I didn't get as many pics of my two younger kids, as they wouldn't let me get them before hurrying to make something else. lol

MomToovey
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Hi everyone!

My name is Marianne. I'm a 28 year old SAHM to my 3 year old DD, April, and we live in central FL where my DH works at Disney World. Now that it's summer, we spend most of our time in the pool or at the playground (after dinner, so it's cooler!), but because it's hurricane season, it's always nice to have some fun indoor activities to pull out when necessary! So I was very grateful to be chosen for this influencer, as I knew my DD would get a kick out of it!

All growing up, Play Doh was always our go-to brand for modeling clay, and when I spent 4 years as a preschool teacher, I came to respect the brand as more than just a versatile activity, but also in the "easy clean up" department and the "automatic quiet" that always followed once a tub was placed in front of the kids! :) So needless to say, Play Doh brand is the brand we trust at home too. My DD loves the color choice, and I love helping to spark her imagination, as well as the peace and easy clean up I mentioned before.

I do have to apologize, we just got home from vacation only 36 hours ago. We spent most of yesterday unpacking, and getting groceries, picking up mail, etc. It was a busy day. And by the time we finally got to sit down and play with the Play Doh, it was already almost bed time. We were unable to get too fancy with our playtime, but she still had a blast. In fact, when we got home in the wee hours yesterday morning, we saw the box by the front door and knowing that Play Doh would be involved in our day really helped get DD through the hard/boring times that come with settling back into your routine after a vacation - so an extra thanks to CM and Play Doh for that!

I did manage to get a couple pictures of us playing, I hope you enjoy:

This is April opening up her Play Doh duffle to get out her tools (7 animal cut outs, a rolling pin, scissors, and the "spaghetti" maker)

Showing off her new loot - 10 2-oz tubs, 4 3-oz tubs, the 7 cut outs and 3 tools & the duffle

I wanted to demonstrate the easy clean up. I took a video of it, but it didn't come out very well, and DH isn't home to help me with it, so I took pictures instead. What I did was I took one of the 2-oz of Play Doh and split it in half....

...then I placed one of the halves into the spaghetti maker....

...then, it only took me 2 tries (using only 1 finger both times) to get it all out...

Voila!!!

DD spelled out her name using black

I made a rainbow, using the 2-oz tubs, to give an idea of how colorful the variety is. Using these 6 colors still left behind a lighter blue, pink, white & black - and then still 4 more 3-oz tubs of yellow, purple, orange & green.

When it was time to pack up, I wasn't sure if the 10 2-oz tubs would fit in the duffle with the other 4 3-oz ones and the tools (they didn't come packaged with it), but I decided to try it anyway. Turns out, they do. It did take a bit of strategic planning to get it all in and the zipper closed, but all in all, it only took about 60 seconds from empty duffle to full & zipped up duffle - not much work at all, and now DD can carry the bag around and bring it where ever she wants in one easy trip!

We had a great time with this, and I'm looking forward to trying out different crafts and activities with the Play Doh. I know DD is too!

Thank you, CafeMom and Play Doh for this opportunity!

mommyhonu
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Aloha!

Great fun for the entire family! My 13 yr old & 2 yr old just loved to play with the Play-Doh! Even Dad joined in on the fun. Play-Doh is a great way to spark the imagination in anyone as well as filling your home with laughter! This was the 1st time that my 2 yr old has ever played with Play-Doh and it had been years since my 13 yr old has played.

I have to admit that I'm not very creative so I did take a peek at the Play-Doh website. I love some of the cute ideas that we found and got some inspiration to attempt a few things on our own.

My youngest spent time inspecting the cans of Play-Doh as well as the other tools and getting used to the texture of the Play-Doh, while my 13 yr old dove into playing. I confess I had to play too. I saw the flip flops on the website and decided that I had to make a pair of my own. I had to make a colorful pair of flip flops with a flower. I love the variety of colors that we had to pick from. It was a great way to spend a lazy afternoon and still keeping the kids & hubby occupied.  

It brought back memories of when I was a kid and my sister and I played with the Play-Doh Babershop. Giving haircuts & silly hairstyles to the people that we sat in the Play-Doh Babershop chair. Oh and can't forget that we also got to shave the beards off too.

We will be looking into purchasing Play-Doh items in the future. It's great for those rainy days or those days when it's just to hot to play outside. Now for the pics!

Mahalo Nui Loa Play-Doh & Cafemom. We had a blast!

green eggs & ham anyone?

Mom to 3 boys, married for 18+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)
LOswald0314
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Art projects, lots of music.
amy7243
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Love the reviews! My kids love play doh!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)