Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

How will you spark you child's imagination this summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

Now that summer has officially begun, moms are looking for great ways to keep their child active and entertained.

We gave 10 moms a  PLAY-DOH Animal Duffel Bag & a PLAY-DOH Case of Colors so that they could set up fun summer play-date with their child.  We then asked them to share their thoughts, experience and best of all - their creations with all of you! 

How will you spark you child's imagination this summer?

>< The CafeMom Team

sun

Visit PLAY-DOH Brand on Facebook to learn more!

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM

did they do another play doh influencer? I did this same one a few months ago. my son loves play doh!

dusky_rose
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM

We need new playdoh, my 5 year old son loves playing with it.

countrygirlkat
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We really need to get some new play-doh.  My boys wanted to play with it yesterday and it was all fairly dried up.  It is a few years old though.  I had them play with it outside on the picnic table because I figured that way all the small pieces they drop will just be in the grass and I won't have to sweep the kitchen, lol. 

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

we did this on Saturday and DD is still playing with it :) she loves it! thank you CM and I'm so glad we have this to spark her creativity! 

Leelee1008
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:09 PM

awesome. playdoh is cool, and my boys love it. I dont like them to play with it in the house though, it always ends up smashed in the carpet.

Leelee1008
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I know my 8 year old would have loved it.

Quoting tayanddyl:

This would have been a great influencer for me. My girls love play doh!

Madelaine
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Nature!  Playing outside as much as possible and if it is too hot then play inside or do arts and crafts.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Too cute!

Quoting Jessica020410:

My kids and I were so excited to be chosen for this influencer! Every day until we received it, they would ask if it came! Then, when we did receive it, the went on and on about when they could play with it! My kids made a lot of things, including: a sun, a rainbow, animals, fried eggs, a cupcake, a ladybug, and balloons. Even DH and I joined in! We all had so much fun together! My older two (10 & 7 yrs) had played with play-doh before, but it had been a long time since. It was, however, my daughter's (2 yrs) first time to play with play-doh, and she didn't want to stop, even after 2 hours! They now want to play with it every day! I remember also loving to play with play-doh as a kid, and it was still fun with the kids! We will definitely be buying more play-doh products!

Thank you Cafemom and Play-Doh!!!

Here are some pics of some things they made:

As you can see, I didn't get as many pics of my two younger kids, as they wouldn't let me get them before hurrying to make something else. lol

countrygirlkat
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I know, isn't that cool!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Love the green eggs and ham!

Quoting mommyhonu:

Aloha!

Great fun for the entire family! My 13 yr old & 2 yr old just loved to play with the Play-Doh! Even Dad joined in on the fun. Play-Doh is a great way to spark the imagination in anyone as well as filling your home with laughter! This was the 1st time that my 2 yr old has ever played with Play-Doh and it had been years since my 13 yr old has played.

I have to admit that I'm not very creative so I did take a peek at the Play-Doh website. I love some of the cute ideas that we found and got some inspiration to attempt a few things on our own.

My youngest spent time inspecting the cans of Play-Doh as well as the other tools and getting used to the texture of the Play-Doh, while my 13 yr old dove into playing. I confess I had to play too. I saw the flip flops on the website and decided that I had to make a pair of my own. I had to make a colorful pair of flip flops with a flower. I love the variety of colors that we had to pick from. It was a great way to spend a lazy afternoon and still keeping the kids & hubby occupied.  

It brought back memories of when I was a kid and my sister and I played with the Play-Doh Babershop. Giving haircuts & silly hairstyles to the people that we sat in the Play-Doh Babershop chair. Oh and can't forget that we also got to shave the beards off too.

We will be looking into purchasing Play-Doh items in the future. It's great for those rainy days or those days when it's just to hot to play outside. Now for the pics!

Mahalo Nui Loa Play-Doh & Cafemom. We had a blast!

green eggs & ham anyone?

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Aww, so cute!  My kids never really liked Playdoh before, but for some reason this year it's all the rage.  *Mine are 13,11,10,9 & 3*

Quoting mallowcup17:

Dakota(my 3 year old) LOVED the duffel bag full of animals and tools to manipulate her play doh.

She has never played with play doh prior to this so she dug right in.

after she played with the animal cutouts and mastered that she moved onto the tools that she seemed to have the most fun with - the string press and the roller.

we played with the set the whole morning until it was time for her to go to her nana's house for the weekend. 

we'll definitely be getting more use out of this and using this as a great activity on cold days or at night before bed. 

very excited this came with refills as the initial four that were in the bag are already one color :)

Thank you CM and Play Doh! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)