Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

school supplies

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM
  • 16 Replies
Are out! It's my favorite time of year, and I'm so excited to do some shopping.

Are there any things that you buy for yourself or your home when school supplies go on sale?

I was going to school to be a teacher, so naturally i am addicted to school supplies. All of them. I buy them even if i don't need them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dereksmom1018
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:18 AM

This will be my first time. I'm a school supply VIRGIN!!! My son is going into pre-school! Any tips Mama?

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Nothing I buy out of the ordinary, maybe once Joey is in school though!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I love school supplies. I stock up for here at home too. I have stuff that I get for Taylor as well to help her learn. I have the days of the week, colors, months, and etc. I need to go look and see what all has been put out. I bought some crayons yesterday, but I mainly got those for our trip this week. 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

notebooks!!!!

TwinsFanMama
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM
My preschool supplies everything....but be sure to check with his teacher to see what he needs. Also, while most of the stuff looks cool and fun, it's not really practical in a class of 17 kids who all need teacher assistance to get caps on and off and figure out how to "work" things. You know what I mean? That stuff is better for playing school at home rather than bringing to preschool. The main rule of preschool though is to label EVERYTHING with your child's name. Backpack, jacket, hat, both mittens (do not send gloves to preschool!!), both boots, blanket, pillow, (or whatever he will need for rest time) and don't let him bring any toys to school unless the teacher specifically asks :-) if you follow that, you'll get 5 gold stars!! Lol

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

This will be my first time. I'm a school supply VIRGIN!!! My son is going into pre-school! Any tips Mama?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.3xBlessed.
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I agree!

I've got one entering pre k and one entering first grade. Most of the school supplies i buy are for the house.

Quoting TwinsFanMama:

My preschool supplies everything....but be sure to check with his teacher to see what he needs. Also, while most of the stuff looks cool and fun, it's not really practical in a class of 17 kids who all need teacher assistance to get caps on and off and figure out how to "work" things. You know what I mean? That stuff is better for playing school at home rather than bringing to preschool. The main rule of preschool though is to label EVERYTHING with your child's name. Backpack, jacket, hat, both mittens (do not send gloves to preschool!!), both boots, blanket, pillow, (or whatever he will need for rest time) and don't let him bring any toys to school unless the teacher specifically asks :-) if you follow that, you'll get 5 gold stars!! Lol

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dereksmom1018
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW! I think I can remember all of it :)

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I always need gel pens. I can't stand to write with any other ones. Do you think those will be on sale?

.3xBlessed.
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Absolutely. They always are.

Quoting jbyrd898:

I always need gel pens. I can't stand to write with any other ones. Do you think those will be on sale?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I get notebooks, pens, and crayons

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)