15 Things I Would Tell My 15-Year-Old Self! What would you tell your 15-year-old self?
My daughter pulled out my high school yearbook last week and pored through the pages, barely recognizing her young mother in the pictures. Looking through the clubs and classes and classmates with her, I started thinking about all of the things I'd like to tell her, once she enters the tween and teen years. Not surprisingly, they are mostly the same things I'd go back and tell myself if I could ...
1. Have your eyebrows professionally waxed. For the love of God.
2. Be nice to your brother. He's really not as bad as you think.
3. Stop biting your nails. It’s gross.
4. Use sunscreen. Just do it.
5. He’s going to end up fat, bald, and living in the same town you grew up in. Don't waste your time angsting over him.
6. Make friends with the theatre geeks, they’re some of the coolest people in school.
7. Don’t pop your zits. It’s gross and it WILL leave scars.
8. Don’t go on that fad diet. It will forever change your relationship with food.
9. Don’t drink half a bottle of Goldschläger after your junior prom if you ever want to enjoy the taste of cinnamon again.
10. Use leave-in conditioner, buy a diffuser, and don’t brush your hair when it’s dry.
11. Don’t rely on CliffsNotes. Reading the classics really is important.
12. The popular girl who you think has it all together doesn't.
13. Soak up as much as you can in school. Your brain will never retain as much information as it does now.
14. Stop trying to be cool. It's not working.
15. Lighten up. Your life isn't so tough.
What would you tell your 15-year-old self?
Image via Scary Mommy