Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Take them or not to take them

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

So Brian will be awarded his purple heart sometime next week.  I'm wondering if I should take the boys.  They are young, but they would love to see Daddy again (Nathan keeps asking when he's going to see Daddy again?) It's not that long (about 10 minutes) but it falls during nap time and I don't want cranky kids disrupting.  So do I take them or do I take them at another time.   

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I asked Brian and he says it's up to me (UGH sometimes he frustrates me!!!)

eds6619
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Hmmmm.....I think I wouldn't want them distracting.  Can you take them another time?

MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Yes.  I was thinking that.

Quoting eds6619:

Hmmmm.....I think I wouldn't want them distracting.  Can you take them another time?

eds6619
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

On 2nd thought, can you take a babysitter with you to take them out if they are a distraction, then they'll be there for pics.  Would be nice to have pics with Daddy the day he received his purple heart.

TwinsFanMama
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Would the older ones be ok with missing a nap or a later nap? That way Nathan could see the ceremony. That's a huge honor for your hubby, I would want to be able to get pics of the kids with him after he gets his medal. Could you bring someone with who could hang out with the kids during the ceremony, then you could all be there after? Sorry if I'm way off, I'm pretty new to the group, so I don't know how old your kids are etc, but just thought I'd throw some ideas out there :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

HI AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.

Nathan and Nathanial (my oldest twins) are 27 months.  Ryan and Bryan just turned a year old on Saturday.  The oldest two can take a later nap.  Not the babies...they get very cranky without nap time. My   in-laws are going to be there and I can bring one of the wives from Brian's unit. So that might work.

Thanks

Quoting TwinsFanMama:

Would the older ones be ok with missing a nap or a later nap? That way Nathan could see the ceremony. That's a huge honor for your hubby, I would want to be able to get pics of the kids with him after he gets his medal. Could you bring someone with who could hang out with the kids during the ceremony, then you could all be there after? Sorry if I'm way off, I'm pretty new to the group, so I don't know how old your kids are etc, but just thought I'd throw some ideas out there :)

MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM

My in-laws are going and I can take one of the wife from Brian's unit (or a co-worker) so that might work.

Quoting eds6619:

On 2nd thought, can you take a babysitter with you to take them out if they are a distraction, then they'll be there for pics.  Would be nice to have pics with Daddy the day he received his purple heart.

eds6619
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Yeah....it would be sad later in the years not to have them on pics...even if they were asleep.

sheena696
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I would definitely take them if it were me!!! I would see about taking someone with you that could take them out if they got cranky. That's a great idea! I just think that is something that would be great to have pictures of later on in the years. 

TwinsFanMama
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM
2 sets of twins 15 months apart? Whoa baby you must be busy!! That's awesome :)

Quoting MaryanneMac:

HI AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.

Nathan and Nathanial (my oldest twins) are 27 months.  Ryan and Bryan just turned a year old on Saturday.  The oldest two can take a later nap.  Not the babies...they get very cranky without nap time. My   in-laws are going to be there and I can bring one of the wives from Brian's unit. So that might work.

Thanks

Quoting TwinsFanMama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN