Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

What do you think about tube play places?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you bring your kids to a giant tube filled play place if it cost money?

Options:

Yes

No

Depends on whether there would be more than just tubes

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

I loved playing in the McDonald's and Burger King tubes when I was a kid. Also when I got to be a pre-teen there was Discovery Zone and Leaps And Bounds in Louisville, not far from where we lived. Anyone else enjoy that stuff and wish you could still play along side your kids in there? I sure do! Which is why I am posting, I need some good feedback for my bank loan proposal. I am planning to set up a BIG play place that will be divided for different ages, and be supervised so that the little kids aren't pushed around by bigger ones and such. I also think a lot of teens would be crawling around too. What do you think? Would this be something you'd bring your kids to?
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.3xBlessed.
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I wouldn't, sorry. It's just difficult to know how clean those things are, and we have great parks around here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

My kids aren't old enough for stuff like that yet, but I'm not sure I would let them play in them without a parent being with them at all times.  and I agree about not knowing how clean they are.  When we take the boys to Sesame Place I bring Clorox wipes with me and wipe down that they are going to be touching.

MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

And before anyone comments about my Cloroc wipes OCD, Nathan and Nathanial were born 17 weks premature.  They had alot of health issues for the first year of their lives, so I do evrything I can to make sure they stay healthy.

Whole
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM
The play places we have are indoors, the kids remove their shoes and have to wear socks, and there are even Purex dispensers for hand washing. The park is filled with equipment that's exposed to the elements, birds poop on the stuff that's there obviously, and cats poop in the sand boxes. Sometimes we have to chase off wild dogs or other animals.
What I had in mind is definitely going to accommodate parents crawling through with their kids and staff going through the tunnels keeping things moving and an eye on everything. We want to encourage parents and kids to play together, and it's exercise too.
Whole
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Quoting MaryanneMac:

And before anyone comments about my Cloroc wipes OCD, Nathan and Nathanial were born 17 weks premature.  They had alot of health issues for the first year of their lives, so I do evrything I can to make sure they stay healthy.

I don't think clorox is OCD. Especially if your kids were premies
MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

When we go to the park it's to fly a kite or something along those lines.  At home we have swing set, which I also wipe down with clorox  and our sandbox gets covered nightly and the baby pool gets dumped out everyday.  As I said my children were born very early, I take no changes with their health.

Quoting Whole:

Interesting answer. The play places we have are indoors, the kids remove their shoes and have to wear socks, and there are even Purex dispensers for hand washing. The park is filled with equipment that's exposed to the elements, birds poop on the stuff that's there obviously, and cats poop in the sand boxes. Sometimes we have to chase off wild dogs or other animals.

MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Thanks.  I know people who think it's funny that I go through a case of cloxo wipes in a week.

Quoting Whole:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

I don't think clorox is OCD. Especially if your kids were premies

.3xBlessed.
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, but what about children who are sick, but may not know it yet? What about kids who pee or poop or vomit on the equipment? Something like chicken pox or a million other things could spread very quickly.

Quoting Whole:

The play places we have are indoors, the kids remove their shoes and have to wear socks, and there are even Purex dispensers for hand washing. The park is filled with equipment that's exposed to the elements, birds poop on the stuff that's there obviously, and cats poop in the sand boxes. Sometimes we have to chase off wild dogs or other animals.

What I had in mind is definitely going to accommodate parents crawling through with their kids and staff going through the tunnels keeping things moving and an eye on everything. We want to encourage parents and kids to play together, and it's exercise too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whole
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting .3xBlessed.:

is kids pooping, peeing, or vomiting on Play equipment something that frequently happens in your area? Because I would be shocked and appalled if the mgr or caretaker of such a place did not do something about that. Remove the child to its parents and get the mess cleaned at the least! As for kids being sick and not knowing it, you run that same risk taking your kids to the grocery store, daycare, or friends house. Your kid could have a cold and not know it and get other kids sick. With a healthy immune system, unless it's something like chicken pox as you mentioned, which in that case there's nothing you could do anyway, the kids would get over it in due time.
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 15, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I think indoor play areas are nice if they are well kept up, so I would consider it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)