Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Broken Bones

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

Well Jakob has broken his first bone (he is 3 1/2).  Its a very small fracture in his shoulder.  He has to wear asling a take it easy for two weeks.  Any ideas how to keep him entertained (we played alot of video games today).

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tamidawn
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Crafts. Movies. Poor lil guy. I hope he's not in to much pain. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robbinsroost
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Go for a walk or wagon ride, read a book, legos, board games and movies. Crafts, makes a marble maze, painting and make a masking tape road/city for hot wheels.

Babybear89
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM

reading, movies, simple crafts

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Oh thats no fun! I hope things work out.

sheena696
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Awww that stinks! I'd have a movie day at home. Pop a bunch of popcorn, get a ton of movies, movie theater candies, and then get all comfy and watch silly kids movies all day!

TwinsFanMama
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Maybe put together a couple bins of small action figures, cars, or little playsets that he can set up on a little table or on a small rug on the floor. That way he can still play, but its limited to a small area and with stuff that he can easily handle with one hand/arm. I'm thinking TV is going to get boring pretty quick for that age, so make sure you are doing something physical, even if it is just walking together around the block a few times or he will probably get pretty hyper being cooped up. Also, maybe look online for some kids yoga poses that he can safely do that will help him stay calm and settled while still stretching his muscles and releaseing those good excercise hormones. Also, this might be a fun time to get him helping in the kitchen, find some fun cooking projects and let him help make dinner and set the table...one plate at a time so he can still carry things without straining  his arm. Also maybe check into what programs are offered at your local library. Story time or other things like that may be nice to go to to get out of the house, but being that its at the library, it should be pretty calm and chill. Good luck! This is such a hard age to have an injury. Hope he's feeling better soon!

mamaVanessa511
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

thanks everyone...he seems to be in good spirits about it.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Reading, (not sure if he is left or right handed, or where the fracture is but...) coloring, TV, etc. I hope he recovers soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN