Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Dishwasher

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 11 Replies
Any tips or suggestions on buying a new dishwasher? I think we are going to shell out and get a mid range or upper ranged one. So far I'm sold on Bosch, but it is so hard to decide when looking online. Kind of like when we bought our front loader w and d.....the brand we bought ppl either hated or loved....we love! I'm thinking of taking a dish with me to see how it fits...what do you think? Only bc one of the complaints is that ppl don't think their dishes fit well.

So far Im pretty sure I want front panel buttons, lockout since I have a toddler, stainless steel tub, adjustable racks, fold down tines for odd shaped items. I'm indifferent on the filters or self cleaning.
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM

No clue, but we are heading down that road soon...getting a new oven also.  I'm tired of handwashing.  Also we wanna get our house ready to sell.

Babybear89
by Gracey on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I don't decide ours is brand new and comes with the house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Ours came with the house and it is a GE. I have no complaints...One thing though, there is a program that gives you some money back when you buy energy star appliances...we got a rebate from the county or state (don't remember) when we bought our W & D and refrigerator.

eds6619
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I want a super quiet one.

Babybear89
by Gracey on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM

quiet would be nice. i can hear my neighbors going in their apt only a few more days

MaryanneMac
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM

We have a kitchen aid dishwasher and I love it.  I would love it more if it would load, start and empty itself!!!

hcdeubof3
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Quoting MaryanneMac:

We have a kitchen aid dishwasher and I love it.  I would love it more if it would load, start and empty itself!!!

Lol no kidding.
hcdeubof3
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I think I'm sold on the Bosch after lots of research, and I'm between 2 different models. I think we re going to wait a few more months when next year models come out and stores want o. Get rid of the last year models.
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I had to look at mine because I didn't remember what it was. lol It's just a Kenmore. I wouldn't mind one with a stainless steel tub. We've had this one for a while now and it still is working great. All of our appliances are the same age and I am hoping the don't all decide to kick out on us at the same time. lol

hcdeubof3
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Quoting sheena696:

I had to look at mine because I didn't remember what it was. lol It's just a Kenmore. I wouldn't mind one with a stainless steel tub. We've had this one for a while now and it still is working great. All of our appliances are the same age and I am hoping the don't all decide to kick out on us at the same time. lol

Love the avatar by the way..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)