Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally posting pictures of the twins :)

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 13 Replies

Sorry I took so long to post some pics.

Joel & Alyssa were born on the 18th by emergency csection. Joel was 3 pounds 9 ounces, and Alyssa was 3 pounds 4 ounces. They were born at 29 weeks 5 days. They are doing great, but will be in the NICU for quite awhile.

Here we are a few hours after they were born.

Me holding Joel for the first time, the next morning.

Me holding Alyssa for the first time.

Kaitlyn meeting the babies, two days old.

The babies are doing great. They have weaned off their breathing support, and are increasing the amount of milk they are getting. They have a long way to go in the NICU, but so far they are doing great!

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by Gracey on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM

beautiful 

TwinsFanMama
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
They are beautiful!!! I can't believe how tiny they are, but they sure sound like strong fighters!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.3xBlessed.
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:52 AM
I'm so glad to hear they're doing well! You guys have been on my mind all week.

How does it work with twins in the nicu? Do they let them be together, or do they always have to be in their separate bassinets?

And, how are you doing??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Aww! I'm so glad to hear that they are doing well!!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Glad they are doing great!! They are so precious! 

Bethbeth
by Beth on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM

No, they don't put them together, which is a bummer. I've read lots of places that putting twins together helps them grow and be happy. Apparently there is a new SIDS thing about putting them together now, so the hospital doesn't do it anymore. We will when they come home though!

I'm doing pretty well. Healing from the csection is better than being pregnant with twins!

Quoting .3xBlessed.:

How does it work with twins in the nicu? Do they let them be together, or do they always have to be in their separate bassinets?

And, how are you doing??

eds6619
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM

They are beautiful!  And you look great!! Still praying for your speady recovery and babies' to quickly go home! 

argylemystery
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM

When I had my twin boys the nurses in the NICU told me they legally couldn't put the twins together but that they couldn't stop the parents from doing it. As soon as I moved my healthy one next to his brother who was struggling they both started doing better. Even after the healthier one was released from the hospital we stayed there and I would put the healthy one in with his brother several times a day. It made a big difference. It is something to try, even if it is just for a few hours a day. They spent all that time in the womb together they are used to having each other close. My twin boys are now super active, healthy 7 yo and they still choose to sleep together. When I peek in on them while they're sleeping they look like an octopus with arms and legs all entwined. Usually one is laying half on top of the other. So cute. Gotta love twins!!

Quoting Bethbeth:

No, they don't put them together, which is a bummer. I've read lots of places that putting twins together helps them grow and be happy. Apparently there is a new SIDS thing about putting them together now, so the hospital doesn't do it anymore. We will when they come home though!

I'm doing pretty well. Healing from the csection is better than being pregnant with twins!

Quoting .3xBlessed.:

And, how are you doing??

Bethbeth
by Beth on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Good for you for doing it yourself!

The babies are still hooked up to too many tubes and IV's and wires that I can't move them without help from the nurses yet.

Quoting argylemystery:

When I had my twin boys the nurses in the NICU told me they legally couldn't put the twins together but that they couldn't stop the parents from doing it. As soon as I moved my healthy one next to his brother who was struggling they both started doing better. Even after the healthier one was released from the hospital we stayed there and I would put the healthy one in with his brother several times a day. It made a big difference. It is something to try, even if it is just for a few hours a day. They spent all that time in the womb together they are used to having each other close. My twin boys are now super active, healthy 7 yo and they still choose to sleep together. When I peek in on them while they're sleeping they look like an octopus with arms and legs all entwined. Usually one is laying half on top of the other. So cute. Gotta love twins!!

Quoting Bethbeth:

Quoting .3xBlessed.:

And, how are you doing??

MaryanneMac
by Maryanne on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

They are beautiful.  I'm sorry that they can't be put together.  When Nathan and Nathanial were born they put them together, and now I can't get them apart!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)