Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Get Excited for School Challenge Day 1: Start School Shopping!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 152 Replies

Kick off back-to-school shopping now! Don't wait until the stores are crazy. Jump start your shopping now. Have your kids picked out their outfit for the first day of school? Here are some of our favorite outfits.

Have you started school shopping yet? What will your kids wear on their first day?

Head to Old Navy or oldnavy.com and tell us about your favorite outfits! If you're in the store, take a picture with your kids and their favorite school item--whether it's a funky backpack, trendy boots, or a colorful top. Pin them to Old Navy's Back To School board to join the Back to School Specials Pin to Win sweepstakes* using #backtoschoolspecials. Can't get to a store? Enter by posting one of the images above!

*Click here for official rules. Every day (8/2-8/15) one winner will receive a $100 Old Navy Giftcard, $50 Office Max gift card and an Old Navy Backpack. One grand prize winner will receive a $300 gift card.

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM

My little guy is a little too small for school shopping, but I certainly love to shop for him!

lenoxclan
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM

We are getting school supplies today and school clothes next check. My kids dont pick their 1st day outfits..or rather havent ever before..I may let them pick this year:)

I think the most exciting part for them is getting to pick their backpacks..lol

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I have already started our school clothes shopping. My son will probably wear a Donkey Kong shirt that he picked out for his first day. lol I'm going to do most of the shirt shopping online and will probably finish up shopping for clothes and the supplies next weekend (even though the Tax Holiday is this weekend here).

inmybizz
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM

blue and white uniform

mommyto3bees
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Yep we got a lot done already, just doing a few more this weekend on tax free weekend and getting the kids first day of school outfits
LCG83
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM
We haven't even been able to THINK about school shopping yet. Hopefully soon. Usually I dress him in a nice too and a pair of shorts or jeans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My son is with grandma so shopping or picking things out has to wait tell he comes home. I have a feeling it will be something in under armer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I love back to school shopping because that is when you get the best deals on clothes and supplies. We homeschool, but always stock up. My kids love getting new clothes, supplies, glasses, etc...
nikabear
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM
We told my six year old shopping yesterday and she picked out her uniform shirts, two skirts, two shorts, two jumpers and her knee socks and headbands. She also got her lunch box and book bag.....she has decided on wearing a navy blue polo, a khaki skirt, her navy knee socks with hearts and her brown mary janes.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Yes we have started shopping! Not sure what they have picked out to wear yet!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN