Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Get Excited for School Challenge Day 2: Set a Schedule

Posted by   + Show Post

Summer means a whole new schedule. Kids go to bed later, can sleep in and it can be different every day. Get your kids to bed early tonight and start to get them back on a school sleeping schedule. How much does your summer routine vary from the school year? 

quiet

Do you try to get your kids back on a school timetable before the first day?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up to receive daily reminders. One mom who completes all 7 days of the challenge will win a $50 gift card to Old Navy.

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
GingerNeeSmith
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM

yes,we will start going to bed early in about a week. Their bed time will be between 8:30 & 9 pm

Lucky2BaMomof2
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Well the summer schedule is massively different from school schedule...

I've been trying to get the kids on a normal routine/schedule for 2 Weeks now... However, I work 3 pm to 1130, so my grandma and Mom don't help me out much when it comes to my schedule...

I'm sticking to it though, school starts the 9th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Our summer routine doesn't really vary as far as bed time.. They are in bed by 9 every night.. We start getting ready after dinner..We bath, brush teeth, pick up toys in rooms, read a book, and go to bed:)

LadySaphira
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Since my son is special needs , he attends school year round and our routine dosn't change much

shelly3307
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM
This will be my son's first year of school. And we have never really had a strict schedule with him, but we need to do so to get him ready for school. I wish I knew what time the bus would be picking him up so I know what time to wake him up in the mornings.
SamMom912
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM
We are hading out for vacation soon, so the bedtime routine goes back on absolute schedule right afetr vacation! That will mean we have 3.5 weeks before school starts to whip back into our routine! Not that we veer too much of course.. Ds goes to bed at 9 during the summer.. And 8:30 during school. Lol! Whew!
aarensmommy
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:09 PM

we always have an 8pm bedtime Ds1 starts kindergarten so i think we will continue with the 8pm unless he seems overly sleepy in the mornings.

Sunshine2plus2
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Yes we try to start about a week before school starts!
Artistachica
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM

yes

jat08167
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM

We start a couple weeks before school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)