Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Get Excited for School Day 6: Practice Makes Perfect

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 67 Replies

A few days ago you put your kids to bed earlier to help get back on the school year schedule. Getting them to sleep is one thing, but what about getting out of the house?

Plan a fun summer day and follow your morning routine. Set alarms for the time they'll need to get up for school. Get everyone dressed, fed, and out the door at the time you'll be leaving every morning. Then enjoy a day at the park, go for a walk, or head to a museum.

Have you ever practiced getting out of the house for school? 

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! Don't forget to sign up to receive daily reminders. One mom who completes all 7 days of the challenge will win a $50 gift card to Old Navy. 

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM

My son is still attending summer school so no need to practice hee.

marisab
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

No but we well do this in the am fri cause this well be thefirst year he goes on fri;-)

mommyto3bees
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I think well do ok, we did summer school , and that had us waking up earlier and leaving do,It wil be fine.
jenniferlee_12
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I haven't really changed the boys bedtime for summer, but let them sleep in. Never had to deal with it before.

JoyJoy
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM
no havent done that yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I haven't done that. I will be writing up a schedule for ds and putting it in his room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dolphingurl1286
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I have had to get everyone up and ready and out the door early for me to go to school. But my daughter goes to bed at 9:30 every night and she is usually up by 6:30. So i think she will be fine. But she starts school on the 22nd and i still don't have her bus schedule. I don't even know what time she will need to be up by.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I never have done this. My kids are pretty easy so once we get our sleep schedules back in order we will be fine. My son rides the bus now so it's pretty easy for us in the morning. For years I took him to school though and it required a bit more planning, but now it's easy as pie. 

pregnantmommy01
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM
My son wakes up automatically early morning. He has like a built in alarm clock. Always ready to go. He loves school for right now that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

no but that is a an awesome idea! my guy is too little for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN