Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Using Social Media to punish a teenager

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM
  • 109 Replies

I keep seeing all these articles about teenage children being punished by their parents through social media. For example, the woman who made her daughter wear a sign saying something to the effect that she was caught drinking on a social media site and now she wasnt going to be on it anymore. Or the man who shot his daughters computer. Do you think that this is a good way to punish a teenager? Or do you think it is a humilation that is similiar to bullying? I dont have teenagers, but I am curious on your opinions.

baby
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Have you seen the picture a man posted of his 3 year old holding a sign saying "I pooped in the shower and daddy had to clean it up" It said something else about how she gives him permission to use the picture when she is a teen or something. And there is scribble that is supposed to be her signature. I think it all is ridiculous.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting sheena696:

Have you seen the picture a man posted of his 3 year old holding a sign saying "I pooped in the shower and daddy had to clean it up" It said something else about how she gives him permission to use the picture when she is a teen or something. And there is scribble that is supposed to be her signature. I think it all is ridiculous.

Oh my gosh, that is horrible!

baby
hcdeubof3
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Quoting jbyrd898:

Yea the 3 yr old was a bit far. I bet the dad thought it wouldn't get the backlash and was just exhausted of the daily hassle of life. Not saying it was right, but kids can make a person batty...
eds6619
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the 3 year old is a bit much.

Babybear89
by Gracey on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM
8 moms liked this
For the teens acceptable they knew better not the toddler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Wow this is ridiculous.

Quoting sheena696:

TwinsFanMama
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM
39 moms liked this
The 3 year old is ridiculous. That's just stupidity on the parents part.
The dad who shot his daughters laptop is my hero. He told her if she did it again he'd put a bullet in it. She did it again, he followed through. More parents need to learn how to follow through with what they say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Quoting TwinsFanMama:

The 3 year old is ridiculous. That's just stupidity on the parents part.
The dad who shot his daughters laptop is my hero. He told her if she did it again he'd put a bullet in it. She did it again, he followed through. More parents need to learn how to follow through with what they say.

it was pretty epic. i was amazed by it. 

MaryanneMac
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
For a teeneager, I would take away the social media (not to mention the cell phones, computers and such.) As far the three year old, that is just horrible and proves that some people should never be parents.
Karen_S
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM
4 moms liked this

Are you really asking if we think it is a good idea to shoot our child's computer as punishment?  Well, no, can't say I agree with that.  But I think that suspending computer access (except for homework) is a reasonable punishment for a child in some circumstances, much like taking away TV time. As for wearing a sign, I'm not big on public humiliation as a punishment...that can lead to severe teasing that might make a teen act out even more to prove they are still "cool". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)