Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental update-PIOG-ANOTHER EDIT IN RED AT TOP

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Well..We were never able to get through by phone, so I requested a appointment through their website by email and no one ever called.. I may drive by there on Monday, because they are literally right down the road. But, I don't know that I want to use someone whose phone line ALWAYS says they are on the phone and the mailbox is full and doesn't apparently return calls through appt. requests through their site....

If I end up having to switch, I'll have to wait until next month to go(insurance will switch at 1st of the month)

sighs..

Well..I did call.. and got a "The person you are calling is on the phone and voice mail is full".

Over and over.....

Doesn't give me much confidence..I mean, either they get a LOT of calls, or they don't clear their voicemail??

Sooo. I looked up their website and requested a appointment by email.

Would it be rude to be blunt when/IF they call to give me a appointment.

I'm thinking about telling them I've had bad experiences and that  if they were the type to be rude or ugly, having a appointment would be a waste of time..lol

save the date

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I would be honest with them, it couldnt hurt.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I've never had that happen with a doctor/dentist, hmm...so would this be your first appt. with them? Or did you already have an appt. with them and had a bad experience? (I'm sorry you probably have talked about this before and I missed it).

lenoxclan
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM

yes:) we've had dental insurance for 3yrs but my fear of the dentist has kept me from using mine. We also recently switched insurance companies(dh's job)so this dentist is actually going to be new for the whole family.

If they ever answer their phone, that is.

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

I've never had that happen with a doctor/dentist, hmm...so would this be your first appt. with them?

save the date

lenoxclan
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Every dental experience I've had prior has been bad.

Novacaine does not numb my gums. The last time I had actual work done(2003)I got a root canal. that turned out to be a side by side root canal. the dentist was mean and ugly the whole time and do to my gum problems there was a LOT of blood which was scary for me, especially since i was 8mths pregnant at the time.

I told him when I went in for caps that their was pain in those teeth and he told me I was dramatic and it was in my head, there was no root so no pain, my gums looked irrated do to their condition and that was probably my pain.

3yrs later I go to a different dentist for just a cleaning and he asked me what work I had in the "fixed" teeth and I told him root canal. He said the roots are still there so it wasn't root canals.. Only way to find out what he did is to take the caps off and Im to afraid. I cant even sleep on that side of my face because the pressure on the nerves(feels like lightening bolts when you press down on that area) gives me tooth aches in those "fixed" teeth..

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

I've never had that happen with a doctor/dentist, hmm...so would this be your first appt. with them? Or did you already have an appt. with them and had a bad experience? (I'm sorry you probably have talked about this before and I missed it).

save the date

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Ooohhh, yeah I know you were talking about going to the dentist, I just didn't know if you had seen this one before. I would wait and if they call back, see how they talk to you and go from there, can you visit the office to see how they are?

Quoting lenoxclan:

yes:) we've had dental insurance for 3yrs but my fear of the dentist has kept me from using mine. We also recently switched insurance companies(dh's job)so this dentist is actually going to be new for the whole family.

If they ever answer their phone, that is.

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

I've never had that happen with a doctor/dentist, hmm...so would this be your first appt. with them?

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Ouch! The same thing happens to my husband, the novacaine doesn't work for him either. Go to their office, talk to them and tell them about your bad experience before, that way they are ready for you on the day of your appt. and it gives you a chance to be more comfortable with them, that's the only way to find out if they are good. I don't like the full voicemail thing, but give them a chance.

Quoting lenoxclan:

Every dental experience I've had prior has been bad.

Novacaine does not numb my gums. The last time I had actual work done(2003)I got a root canal. that turned out to be a side by side root canal. the dentist was mean and ugly the whole time and do to my gum problems there was a LOT of blood which was scary for me, especially since i was 8mths pregnant at the time.

I told him when I went in for caps that their was pain in those teeth and he told me I was dramatic and it was in my head, there was no root so no pain, my gums looked irrated do to their condition and that was probably my pain.

3yrs later I go to a different dentist for just a cleaning and he asked me what work I had in the "fixed" teeth and I told him root canal. He said the roots are still there so it wasn't root canals.. Only way to find out what he did is to take the caps off and Im to afraid. I cant even sleep on that side of my face because the pressure on the nerves(feels like lightening bolts when you press down on that area) gives me tooth aches in those "fixed" teeth..

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

MaryanneMac
by Maryanne on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Tell them that you've had bad experiences. 

lenoxclan
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM

BUMP!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Yeah, the not being able to even get through to them on the phone would irritate me. Sounds like a very unorganized office.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I have to agree with you, I don't like the fact that they don't answer the phone, I wonder what's going on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)