The Greatest Apple Cranberry Muffins Ever! What's your favorite muffin?
I got crazy last night. I threw on my comfiest sweats, poured m'self a glass of wine or three, and whipped up some Apple Cranberry Muffins for this morning. Man, was it worth it! These things are divine -- warm or cool; with or without butter. And I've gotta say -- my house still smells all cozy and fall-like.
If you're planning on making it a lazy Sunday today, and you've got a hankering for something delicious, I highly recommend you make yourself a batch of these super-yummy muffins. They're some of the best I've had in a while. Enjoy!
Apple Cranberry Muffins adapted from Cooks.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped apples
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, egg, milk, molasses, oil, cinnamon and ginger; add to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Fold in apples or 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh apples and soaked cranberries.
3. Spoon batter into buttered or paper-lined muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
4. Bake at 400 for 16 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out nearly clean.
Image via emily.laurel504/Flickr