Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

10 desperate lengths moms go to for privacy---from the stir

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
10 Desperate Lengths Moms Go to for Privacy Posted by Jill Smokler on October 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM Comments (8)| Likes (14) . I took a conference call last week on the toilet. Actually, it gets worse: I took a conference call while standing on the toilet and whispering so my kids wouldn't be able to find me. When they did, I muted the phone so I could hiss, "Get out of here THIS MINUTE and leave me ALONE." Except that I didn't actually press mute. Oh, the joys of working from home. Fortunately, I'm not the only mother who has resorted to such lows for a little privacy. Here are some of my favorite Scary Mommy Confessions on the subject ... 1. Figured out a way to get some time to myself. I went in my room, closed the door, and hung a sign that read, "Do not enter, mom is naked." Worked like a charm. 2. I can hear little people looking for me. I am hiding in the closet for some me time. 3. I love my husband dearly, but some days I think it would be good to get a divorce so we could split custody and I could actually have time to myself for a change. 4. I'm supposed to be working out. I got dressed and drove to the gym. I'm sitting in the parking lot playing Angry Birds. This is the only alone time I get. I just don't have it in me today. More from The Stir: 25 All-Time Favorite Mommy Confessions 5. I love playing hide and seek with my children. They still haven't caught on to the fact that I hide in a different bed every time. Best way ever to sneak in a cat nap. 6. I pretend to have IBS, but really, I just sit in the bathroom endlessly playing on my iPhone. Periodically, I flush the toilet and grunt. 7. I gave up privacy the day I became a mother. I mourn it every single day. 8. I go to great lengths to get away from my children. I am currently typing this while hiding out on my son's bunk bed, literally under the blanket. 9. I wear headphones almost constantly. "SORRY, KIDS! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" 10. The real prep for motherhood was the dump I took on the delivery table with my first daughter. Haven't gone to the bathroom without an audience since. Image via Scary Mommy .
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM

LOL-one time at work my mute button didnt work and I said something not so nice on a conference call.  I was mortified.

baby
lenoxclan
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM

LOL I love the IBS one..LOL

I've been known to say I have to go #2-so I can sneak some me./read time..

Even though all 3 kids are in school this yr, my husband is just as clingy, so I do the #2 thing w/him too! LOL

Babybear89
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Lol. I miss peeing alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

me too.  It never fails I go into the bathroom and then everyone needs Mommy.

Quoting Babybear89:

Lol. I miss peeing alone

hcdeubof3
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Lol...lve the last one. I have pretended to use the restroom to read a magazine. I like hid and seek one though. I am so sing that. I've hidden in my closet on a couple occasions.
hcdeubof3
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Quoting MaryanneMac:

I know....dh goes pee and no one cares.
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM

This reminds me of my job interview. They called me for an initial interview and I had to do it hiding in the closet, because my son picked that day to be whiny. I got in his room, looked the door, and hid in his closet.

swati88
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM
haha lol same here!! me too afraid of going alone man!!
moniagee
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Dh and I had invited my mom over for dinner one night and had a fake fight in front of her. Dh grabbed his coat and said I'm leaving to vet some air. Then i said I was leaving and grabbed my jacket. We walked out he got in the minivan and I got in the car and we rendezvoused to a sports bar. Yep, we walked out and left my mother with the kids. It was mean, but I knew she wouldn't have babysat if we asked her. The kids knew it was fake and we bribed them not to tell her. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN