Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Kindle fire or nabi

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 10 Replies
I want to get my son a tablet but not sure witch one to get he is 8 and behind on his reading level so I want one that will help in that area.
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenoxclan
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I have a kindle fire and love it.. Never heard of Nabi

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I have a kindle fire too and love it.

queencreekmom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM
I am doing the kindle fire for my 7 year old just because the nabi is so expensive.
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM

What's the Nabi? I think I am going with the Galaxy for my dd, she is 7 too.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I've never heard of a Nabi either.

Babybear89
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

another question for the resident techie... where is Maryanne? lol 

waitingmommy12
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Nabi is a tablet for kids basically a Kindle for children. I would say get the nabi for a young child definatly! It has safe browsing for your kid lots of fun music and movies to choose from and child safe web browsing. It has programs for children pre-k through 6th grade. You can also use it just enter a password and you can browse music and videos and the web for mom or dad, then lock it for the kids. Plus nabi uses the "cloud" so all your apps and e-books are saved if you get a new upgrade or need to replace it. Another great thing is you can sync between your nabi and your computer without cords or sd cards and you can track your childs developement. I currently have the kindlefire HD and I love love love it but for a kid around this age I would definatly recomend the nabi as it is geared for kids so you know they will be safe while online which is the biggest concern with technology now days. On amazon.com they sell for $199 which is not that expensive.

hcdeubof3
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Personally I say ild fashion books and sitting down with mom and dad to read them if the sole reason is him being behind in reading. Correct me if I'm wrong, but handing him a piece of electronics isn't going to teach him for you or catch him up.
MaryanneMac
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm getting ready for the marine Corps birthday ball!! I would go with the Kindle fire. or a kid friendly tablet.

Quoting Babybear89:

another question for the resident techie... where is Maryanne? lol 

jennypenny3000
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

nabi 2 walmart black friday 129 dollars

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN