Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Thanksgiving Fun

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
  • 13 Replies

Where will you be eating this Thanksgiving? Do you have guests coming to your house?

baby
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM

My house during the day with my family and then in the evening we will head to MILs. Which is a pain in the butt. Few years ago she decided we HAD to do it on Thanksgiving day all of a sudden. This is after years of not doing anything on that day and now she expects us to change the way we have always done things with my family. (don't get me wrong, I get along great with MIL but this is driving me nuts because it is taking away from my time with my family who we do not see as often as we do them) Dh's step father isn't even going to be home because he got called up north due to Sandy, but she is still insistent. Anyway, didn't mean to go off there, but I had to finally get that out. lol

MaryanneMac
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

We're having my brother and his family here, plus my FIL will stop by and some of the single guys in Brians unit that aren't from around here are coming.

Maryanne
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:38 AM

we are having people over to my house. I need to get to work already LOL

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Quoting jbyrd898:

we are having people over to my house. I need to get to work already LOL

I worked my tail off yesterday and I will do it again today. I got the idea in my head that all my cabinets needed cleaned and rearranged yesterday. lol

hcdeubof3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:31 AM

At my house my inlaws and grandmother in law is coming in tonight. I'm making pies tonight and getting the bird ready so all I have to do is stick it in the oven in the morning. I am trying to avoid my fil right now. Partly because I'm a control freak and don't want to wait forever to eat (he's really really slow cook) and partly for other reasons I can't discuss on here.

hcdeubof3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I get it. I like aging one holiday that is mine. It is too bad she won't just come over to your house instead. 

Quoting sheena696:

My house during the day with my family and then in the evening we will head to MILs. Which is a pain in the butt. Few years ago she decided we HAD to do it on Thanksgiving day all of a sudden. This is after years of not doing anything on that day and now she expects us to change the way we have always done things with my family. (don't get me wrong, I get along great with MIL but this is driving me nuts because it is taking away from my time with my family who we do not see as often as we do them) Dh's step father isn't even going to be home because he got called up north due to Sandy, but she is still insistent. Anyway, didn't mean to go off there, but I had to finally get that out. lol

Babybear89
by Gracey on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM

my house since its our first year in our house for the holidays

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Oh no,  don't want her coming here. lol  I don't like to mix up the families like that. Just a lot of history that makes me feel that way. Plus, I just do not have the room for having too large a group of people. It would be crazy!

Quoting hcdeubof3:

I get it. I like aging one holiday that is mine. It is too bad she won't just come over to your house instead. 

Quoting sheena696:

hcdeubof3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM

lol...you know this is why there is always a freaking huge line outside the liquor areas of stores around Thanksgiving and Christmas....family! 

Quoting sheena696:

Oh no,  don't want her coming here. lol  I don't like to mix up the families like that. Just a lot of history that makes me feel that way. Plus, I just do not have the room for having too large a group of people. It would be crazy!

Quoting hcdeubof3:

Quoting sheena696:

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:49 AM

You know, one year FIL stayed with us on Christmas Eve to watch Brad open gifts Christmas morning and I woke up (dh did too) feeling icky. FIL said we should take a shot of whiskey. So we did...that was a good Christmas. lol I had never had whiskey before that day so I was feeling great for a while that day.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

lol...you know this is why there is always a freaking huge line outside the liquor areas of stores around Thanksgiving and Christmas....family! 

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting hcdeubof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)