Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Will you or your children make any homemade gifts for anyone? If so who/what?

baby
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
xLilBit22
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I love homemade gifts
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Yes, they make gifts for their grandparents

jessi2girls
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM

yes, my children have made homemade gifts for everyone we are gifting to (that is family). 

They love doing crafts, and giving them to people as gifts. And most of the time the gifts are well recieved and appreciated. Their great uncle is super excited to see if he gets new ornaments for his christmas tree this year from crafts the kids did.  In fact the ornaments they made last year were his favorite gift of all. 

Annawest
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I saw on pinterest where you can take permanent marker and draw on plates then cook them to get the marker to stay on.  I'm thinking of having the boys draw on some of them and then make homemade cookies.  I will use the plates as cookie platters so the people that get them will have a suprise once the cookies are gone.

I'm doing this for the Grandma's.

And my SO's son is going to make one for his Mom.

KittyTussand
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Im making most of my gifts home made.  Most family are getting little good bags with home made sugar shapes (like cubes but shaped),  Coffee spoons, home made hot cocoa.  And the men are getting home made survivial paracrod bracelets.

my 2 year old daughter made hand print santas  that she helped make. she is also doing sugar cookies with daddy the weekend before xmas.

butterflycircle
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM

yes. The kiddies and I have already made salt dough ornaments and we are going to be making personalized mugs. In the mugs will go hot chocolate packets and we are making stir sticks too (spoons with the ends dipped in chocolate and decorated, candy canes with a marshmallow on the end dipped in chocolate and decorated). We will out these in a decoritive bag and tie them with the ornaments attached : ) this will be for God parents, some aunts/uncles, maybe grandparent(s)

ApachePunk
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

we're making these, but slightly different: http://familycrafts.about.com/od/treeornaments/ss/Christmas-Baby-Mistletoe-Holly-Ornament.htm

my daughter is 2, so her feet are still small enough to do it, but we have red pompoms for berries. My son is too big to do this so we're just letting him cut holly leaf shapes out. We're using a home made baking dough instead of store bought. we're making these for grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.

SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Cookie Mania, of course my baby isn't born yet but we have been doing cookies sense I was little, we also do homemade hot cocoa, and pancake mix in really cool jars that we collect all year long. A few special people are picked to recieve a knitted scarf or hat. I can't wait to spread my love for crafting onto my Genevieve :)

jak3739
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I make most of my Christmas gifts.  However, I am thinking of taking a hyatis from that next year.  It is a lot of pressure and work.  I know everyone complains about Christmas shopping, but I start working in February and usually finish Christmas Eve. 

My kids usually spend all of St Nicholas Day crafting gifts for family and friends.  We did this again this year, but I didn't really push them and they didn't make very much.  I have a feeling that crafts will be whipped out next week to make up for what they didn't do.  They are very crafty and always makign something.

imultracool
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest dd (6yrs) makes ornaments every year. We buy plain globes and she paints them. Everyone really loves them. Plus dd loves seeing them displayed on her papas, grandmas, and uncles trees every year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN