Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Will you or your children make any homemade gifts for anyone? If so who/what?

baby
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (71-78):
MissT1029
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I make body scrubs, lotions, lip gloss, face wash, bath salts and treat boxes (cookies, fudge, choc covered goodies and such). It means more coming from the heart and a lot cheaper on the pocket book also. Homemade beauty products are a lot healthier for you then the expensive name brand store bought ones anyhow!! Happy holidays ladies Merry Christmas
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AngelaDD
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM
How do you do lotions? This is my first year making the scrubs and such and I think I may keep it up and make my own throughout the year but never found any lotions!

Quoting MissT1029:

I make body scrubs, lotions, lip gloss, face wash, bath salts and treat boxes (cookies, fudge, choc covered goodies and such). It means more coming from the heart and a lot cheaper on the pocket book also. Homemade beauty products are a lot healthier for you then the expensive name brand store bought ones anyhow!! Happy holidays ladies Merry Christmas

Bonneata
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I am doing hand dipped chocolates for my grandpa and a friend.

eleni1010
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I went all out for the many kids in the family but for the adults I am making refridgerator magnets with pics of my kids. I'm not very good at dealing out pics of them so i thought this would be a creative way to do it and they are display ready!!

I did several projects with the kids this year. they are 4 and 2 so not too much to do with both but I  did my best and they had fun. we made a chain countdown for Christmas (hoping to stop the "is it Christmas yet?" question but it hasn't lol. we are gonna make cookies for Santa on Xmas eve. and we made some snowmen and trees out of felt paper. The kids had fun and they love seeing their artwork around the livingroom with the store bought decorations.

Babybear89
by Gracey on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I really want cookies
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM

So far I have made two outfits for Bianca's AG dolls. I am probably going to make a few more.

MissT1029
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Home made lotion: 1/2 cup almond or olive oil (can infuse first w herbs if desired)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup beeswax
Optional 1 tsp vitamin e oil
Optional 2 tbs Shea butter or cocoa butter
Optional essential oils, vanilla extract or other natural extract to suit your preference
Note: all ingredients and many essential oils are available at health store

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a pint sized or larger glass jar. You can even reuse pickle or olive jar.
2. Fill in a medium saucepan with couple inches of water place over medium heat.
3. Put lid on jar loosely and place in the pan w water.
4. As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occ. to incorporate. When all ingredients are complete melted pour into whatever jar or tin for storage... It will not pump well in lotion pump.
5. Use as you would regular lotion. This has a longer shelf life use within 6 months for best moisturizing benefits.

Quoting AngelaDD:

How do you do lotions? This is my first year making the scrubs and such and I think I may keep it up and make my own throughout the year but never found any lotions!

Quoting MissT1029:

MissT1029
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Websites themommypotamus. Has great recipes
Wellnessmama is another great one
Another is happynews

Good luck and enjoy

Quoting MissT1029:

Home made lotion: 1/2 cup almond or olive oil (can infuse first w herbs if desired)

1/4 cup coconut oil

1/4 cup beeswax

Optional 1 tsp vitamin e oil

Optional 2 tbs Shea butter or cocoa butter

Optional essential oils, vanilla extract or other natural extract to suit your preference

Note: all ingredients and many essential oils are available at health store

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a pint sized or larger glass jar. You can even reuse pickle or olive jar.

2. Fill in a medium saucepan with couple inches of water place over medium heat.

3. Put lid on jar loosely and place in the pan w water.

4. As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occ. to incorporate. When all ingredients are complete melted pour into whatever jar or tin for storage... It will not pump well in lotion pump.

5. Use as you would regular lotion. This has a longer shelf life use within 6 months for best moisturizing benefits.

Quoting AngelaDD:

Quoting MissT1029:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)