Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Need some ideas please!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

They are doing this thing at work, called white elephant or something to do with elephant...anyway, we don't get a specific person like in a regular gift exchange. So, being that I don't know if it is a woman or man that's going to end up with the gift I buy, what are can I get? 

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
steffielou_who
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Get a gift card to a restaurant!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
torttia
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

We are doing something like that in my family. We had a limit of no more than $10. What DH and I bought were a jersey shore puzzle with some dailys booze for one of them and the other has a dvd (cost $5), some theatre size candy and two cokes. I kinda hope we end up with what we are giving hahaha.

Our children are not included snce they are the only "kids" in the family. My oldest is 3 and youngest is 7 months so we will be bringing a gift for them so they d not fee left out (even though I know my grandparents and dad will end up getting them gifts).

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Is it where the person can pick either something someone else has already picked, or open a new gift? We do that at work all the time. Some peoople get funny things, some people get nicer things, I think thta it really doesnt matter what you get as long as you think it is cool since it is a game.

eds6619
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

a gas card

MaryanneMac
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM

a gift card

hcdeubof3
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

We've done this in our family. We've done a popular board game like apples to apple, wise or otherwise, a movie night kit: movie, popcorn, soda, and candy, warm blanket with hot cocoa or giftcard, music, nice warm gloves, scarf with hot cocoa or gift card for coffee, car cleaning kit: wipes, sponge, bucket, soap, etc. Popular book with candies. 

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Thank you so mcuh!

Quoting hcdeubof3:

We've done this in our family. We've done a popular board game like apples to apple, wise or otherwise, a movie night kit: movie, popcorn, soda, and candy, warm blanket with hot cocoa or giftcard, music, nice warm gloves, scarf with hot cocoa or gift card for coffee, car cleaning kit: wipes, sponge, bucket, soap, etc. Popular book with candies. 

hcdeubof3
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:47 PM

welcome. I know one year I thought was doing a gag gift and I got the most disgusting fishing stuff I could find only to have my cousin and uncle fighting over it to go fishing with. EW! 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Thank you so mcuh!

Quoting hcdeubof3:

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:49 PM

LOL

Quoting hcdeubof3:

welcome. I know one year I thought was doing a gag gift and I got the most disgusting fishing stuff I could find only to have my cousin and uncle fighting over it to go fishing with. EW! 

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

Thank you so mcuh!

Quoting hcdeubof3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN