Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

They threatened my landlord

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

I don't know if you remember THIS post, about my dog breaking through my fence back in August?

Well, after we fixed the fence, we ended up talking to the neighbors who said he broke through trying to get their rooom mates dog who was running loose and they made room mate get rid of the dog..(I really dont believe he did it over a dog)

Sooo..we told them that we fixed it and there shouldn't be any more problems..that the dog WILL chase them up and down our fence(its a 8ft privacy fence)because he was teased(and it was sort of a game)at the last place we lived.

We told them IF the dogs gave them ANY problems to let us know.

They said okay and then told us if their loud music bothered us(Im talking almost every weekend in the AM)to let them know...

No worries.

Well..these people know my landlord, they actually lived here before us and were booted for not paying rent.. Now they are living(and they said buying)the house next door.

So, they texted my landlord(apparently they dont know she is actually a friend)and tell her that our dogs are REALLY vicious and digging holes everywhere and breaking out and she needed to talk to us about them or they would call animal control.

she knows us(like family knows us)and knows that although bane is loud and attacks the fence that he does NOT bite..110% certain on that.

Sooo..She just tells me about the text and forwards it to me(like 4 days after she got it because she forgot)

I however am PISSED

1st off, they did this to try to get us in trouble with our landlord, because they dont know how well we know each other.. I am willing to bet they've already called animal control and were told that unless he breaks out again(hasnt happened since we fixed the fence 4mths ago)there is nothing they can do. I think she threatened my landlord with animal control thinking it would scare her into taking action.

We had already planned to run a strand of hot wire along the bottom of the fence after CHristmas, because we want to break this bad habit ourselves..Had they asked us like we asked, they would of known.

Grrrr..Seriously.. We told them that yes he attacks the fence but he isnt aggressive, asked them if they had concerns, they said no, and then told them to let us know if any problems arise...then they go and do this?

save the date

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
eds6619
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM

yeah I would be ticked

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I would be really angry too.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM
They should've talked to you if the had any concerns, I can see why you're upset, I would be too.
lenoxclan
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Funny thing..Apparently the neighbors have a fence, on the other side of their driveway(there driveway is next to our fence)

Whenever my dog broke out in August, their story was actually that my dog, broke through my fence. walked over to their fence, somehow managed to open their gate, and they found him on top of their dog....

Sure wish my dog would have been kind enough to open my gate too.

AND they appear to have gotten themselves another dog which has been barking non stop ALL morning...

sheena696
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Oh boy..your neighbors sound so awesome..lol They sound like the type that would do things just to annoy you too. ugh

Babybear89
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this
I see a lot of phone calls for noise complaints in the near future
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I would be totally pissed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN