Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

What are your chances of a White Christmas?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is on NOAA's/National Climatic Data Center website, and I thought I would share. Where do you end up in this?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/what-are-chances-you-will-have-white-christmas

What Are the Chances You Will Have a White Christmas?

Historical Probability of a White Christmas map

NCDC can help answer that age-old question. This year the Center updated a map that shows the climatological probabilities of a white Christmas across the Nation. The Probability of a White Christmas map, now based on the most recent 1981–2010 Climate Normals, shows the climatological probability (in percent) that a snow depth of at least 1 inch will be observed on December 25. The highest probabilities are in northern and mountainous areas of the country.

The actual conditions this year may vary widely from these probabilities because the weather patterns present will determine the snow on the ground or snowfall on Christmas day. These probabilities are useful as a guide only to show where snow on the ground is more likely.

If you would like to keep track of the snowfall across North America on a daily basis, see the NOAA Operational Daily Snow Analysis Charts.

baby
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Replies (11-17):
Mommy4000
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM

My state shows 10- greater than 90%. Yeah that looks typical lol. In my area of the state it's closer to 25-40% but we haven't had a white Christmas for the past 4 or 5 years so we don't even expect it anymore.

Matriarch87
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:57 PM

lol...ummm it says a 40-50% chance but I think that bull crap...I cant hardly remember a Christmas without snow...maybe two and im getting old so thats a lot of white Christmases.

MaryanneMac
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Westminster, MD falls in the 25-40% range, but I don;t think we're due for anything this year!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I dont think they are calling for any snow here as well. We had a white christmas two years ago!

Refurbished
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I've never had a white christmas in my entire life.  

.3xBlessed.
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 5:36 PM

10-25%, my area says 

.3xBlessed.
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM

It's not even getting as cold this year as it normally does. I can only hope for snow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)