Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

I'm so tired of people being offended by Christmas.

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM
  • 17 Replies

Seriously.  I'm really sick of it.

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hcdeubof3
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Fox News? Just curious because they seem to be on a kick lately, but then again it  is the main story this time of year: war on Christmas. Makes me do a full eye roll and change the channel. 

eds6619
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM

No, someone wrote a letter to the editor of our local paper angry that the high school's annual Christmas program included "Christian songs."  She was complaining that her tax dollars shouldn't be used for this. 

I, personally, think she is an idiot and if she doesn't like it, then don't attend the concert that has happened every year for the last 70 years.  Good grief. 

Dina82
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Honestly why would people get offended ?? I'm Muslim and yes so are my boys they go to school and of course talk about Christmas and draw pictures , sing songs ect . And I don't get offended what so ever !!! Oh matter of fact we are going to have a Christmas party this weekend at my oldest school ;-) !! My boys know we don't celebrate it but it does not mean I will let them not attand school activies that has to do with Christmas .. And when people tell me marry Christmas I say it right back with a happy new year ;-) lol people are honestly so uptight about holidays .. When it was our holiday ( the eid) my boys brought gifts for there class and the teacher talked about and loved it !!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm tired of it from both sides.. I see just as many getting offended if you say Merry christmas as I do those getting offended when I say Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays...

save the date

Babybear89
by Gracey on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I am going with every one glues a little nuts over Christmas
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Emily, I agree.

mama_of_tw0
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Agreed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM

As a general rule I say Merry Christmas, but I know I've said Happy Holidays and if someone says it to me, big freakin' deal. 

Quoting lenoxclan:

I'm tired of it from both sides.. I see just as many getting offended if you say Merry christmas as I do those getting offended when I say Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays...

hcdeubof3
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM

this only makes me want to say:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! sorry I just couldn't resist....yep total child right here. lol

Quoting eds6619:

As a general rule I say Merry Christmas, but I know I've said Happy Holidays and if someone says it to me, big freakin' deal. 

Quoting lenoxclan:

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Both sides get on my nerves. lol The way I see it is that I don't care how Joe down the street celebrates this time of the year because it has ZERO effect on me. I say Happy Holidays AND Merry Christmas. And if I see someone who celebrates it, I will say Happy Hannukah and Happy Kwanzaa. Basically it is just about respect. Live and let live. I don't care what a person celebrates and how they say or do it, but I sure hope they have an awesome time at it. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)